Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BUffalo.jpg
I'm not sure if this is a buffalo or a bison. This was taken from a vintage in Yellowstone. It seemed appropriate with our Indian culture.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Dragoon, how long has your GF had that bike, because the leather bags and seats are faded so bad. They almost look green. Is she going to get the re-dying kit to get them to look like new again?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
She's had the bike since early march. She isn't happy with the fade at all. She's been moisturizing the leather but won't dye it yet. She is waiting on her kit. Her vintage has 20000 miles on it to date. She rides it a lot. She is currently in Minnesota at the all Indians Ride. The guy at the bottom pawing my girl is John Monroe (son of Burt the worlds fastest indian).

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Headed to Zion, Bryce Canyon, Capital reef, and Goblin Valley over the holiday. Anyone gonna be in the area?

·
Registered
18 Posts
There are a lot of amazing roads in Utah. Highway 12 from just south of Panguich UT to Torrey is a top 10 road in all of the US. One of the last paved roads in the US. Torrey is a great town, and the Chuckwagon Motel is great and treats riders well. Not pricey either. If you like great places to eat there are 3 AMAZING restaurants in and around Torrey that will rival what you get anywhere and there is a great burger joint there as well called Slackers. From there ride West to Hanksville on Highway 24 is also amazing. One note of caution when riding in Utah. Gas can be close to 150 miles apart. And the tar snakes there are made of a material that becomes semi liquefied in any temp above 80 degrees F. And they have big patches of it. I know many a rider that has had to change their pants after riding it in May because their back tire has slid out a few inches. But as you can see the riding is worth it. If anyone wants more information, let me know.
TorryXIV 411-X2.jpg
The Burr Trail

torreyxvi-4-XL.jpg
Highway 24 near Hite
torreyxvi-1-2-X3.jpg
Chuclwagon Inn

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree with you about the 12. That's the best highway I have ever been on. Utah was beautiful and I'd go back in a heartbeat. There is just so much natural beauty and good roads.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Utah is definitely a great state to ride in. I lived at Lake Powell in the '80s and fell in love with the area. My brother still lives down there, so it's been kind of an annual thing since around 1987 to ride down and get together with all the other motorcyclists and take a ride either over to Torrey, Boulder, and Escalante or out 95 towards Blanding. I didn't make it out this year due to other obligations that got in my way, but here's some scenery from last year's trip:

12.jpg 95South.jpg Hite.jpg HogSpgs.jpg Moki.jpg Moki2.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Utah is an amazing state. There's beauty from one end to the other. It's a great riding experience. Actually going to build a log home and move there (Chicago area now) in 2016. Can't wait to move and have it be my "back yard". The riding experience there is second to none. Being a profession photographer I have worked many times all across southern Utah, from Zion to Moab. So many great places to ride and shoot a camera. Enjoyed your pics and sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing!

·
Gold member
6,449 Posts
Thanks for all the photos folks, super beautiful memories. Living in NewYork 4 the last 7 months, I have a house in Evanston Wyoming (Red Mountain)3 miles from the Utah border, 52 miles to Park City (love the skiing) and 71 miles to Salt Lake City. Been on every road in the pictures and then some, again thanks for sharing! Breath taking at best! The wild Mustangs I've seen in my back yard grazing, all other wild life too! Amazing

·
Banned
5,398 Posts
Do not forget Northern AZ here also. From mid state on up and into Utah, it is nice. Not a lot of traffic unless you hit the weekend in Sedona/Oak Creek but Utah traffic seems light all the time. One Indian dealer in Salt Lake City ................otherwise, make sure all is OK.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts