Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another TechRider sharing moment... I installed a hitch on my Challenger tonight. It's made by BigD Custom Racks and fits the 16 and later models. The install was harder than I thought it would be but it was mostly my fault. I wasn't paying attention to wire routing and pinched some wires more than I wanted. One wire was from my plasma rods and the other was the antenna cable. I'm not sure I have the antenna mounted correctly as I was supposed to discard the original bracket but since I have a limited, those brackets are needed to support the fillers. I also have the Kuryakyn shot antenna so I think that made that part more difficult. I probably spent 30 minutes just trying to get the antenna back on.

You'll see from the pictures that the hitch mounts to the muffler mounts and rear lower support bar. Because I had to keep the brackets, the hitch was very tight but a little persuasion and it popped on. I'm pretty happy with it as it's basically invisible unless you bend over and look. In this picture I have the parade flag mount installed.

The next phase of the install will come later. I ordered a Custom Dynamics dynamic load isolator to run the lights. It's not officially supported on the Challenger but the tech support guy I was working with offered to help me get it working. It's not plug and play out of the box because of the difference in battery location on the Challenger. I'll have a detailed post on that once I get time to test it.

Time for the pics:

Reactions: IndianAZ

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No rack, just the hitch and the flag mount. I'm looking at pulling a trailer so the rack would be a bit redundant.

Reactions: HappyJon

·
Registered
318 Posts
Both look great. Thanks for sharing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts