Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big ride tomorrow. Pacific coast highway to Highway 33 into Ojai and good motorcycle friendly place called deer lodge. Where did you ride this weekend?

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I put a deposit on a 2015 Vintage 3 weeks ago_Once I get the bike I plan on taking it from Ct where I live down to Clearwater Fl. GW Bridge to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to the Blue ridge Parkway straight through to the Smokey Mountains.I have done the trip a couple of times and it has some of the most amazing scenery. Heard from the dealer a few days ago and was told late Sept to early Oct. for delivery. Might be a "wrench" in the plans as I left once in November and the weather was awful. I actually hit snow twice. Plan B: If I cant get the bike by late Sept. will have to scratch the trip and purchase from a Florida dealer. (I am in Fl most of the winter). Hopefully Plan A will work out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ha, funny you ask. Just got back from a trip from Gatlinberg Tennessee (Michigan is home). We took a wide loop, stopping in West Virginia first for a family reunion. Then to Gatlinberg. From there a day trip over the mountains to Maggie Valley N.C. To visit the Wheels Through Time Museum. Great stop! Met a couple of fine fellow Chieftan riders from Massachusetts. Overall great trip! 1630 miles, 31.7 hours in the seat, with a 44.5 mpg average. Chieftan performed very well!

Dragoon, have a great ride! That looks like a nice trip.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good for you guys. I just don't have the vacation saved up to do something like that.

Had a blast today. Got a little rain but all in all a fun ride. Our group ran into a solo rider and invited him to our table and then he rode with us into the Los padres national forest. Three Indians and three Hondas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts