Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hink, was looking at the anniversary, but for the money, this is more my style, and I LOVE the two tone much more. Although I may put those beach bars on her. Hmmmmm decisions.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Nice color scheme - congratulations. If you go with the beach bars, please post pictures. I hope you get some nice weather to ride in soon.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,413 Posts
Somewhat close to my 2019 Icon Ruby Red & Pearl White. I also went with floorboards, luggage rack and Indian saddlebags. I took mine further with exrended reach foot control, mini apes, a National Cycle Switchblade windshield and a Corbin solo seat. Yours looks nice though but I needed more in terms of comfort for my old body.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
Very nice bike! Congrats and ride safe!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I get them, or when, I will surely post some pics. Hopefully on a sunny day riding.
Nice color scheme - congratulations. If you go with the beach bars, please post pictures. I hope you get some nice weather to ride in soon.

Reactions: EZ Rider 55

·
Rider
698 Posts
NICE!!! I have pretty much the same trick, but 2017 in cream. I also have the Dart Marlin windscreen and love that too! Nice going!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got out for a nice ride today. Everyone who says buy a 60 it’s the best value is wrong IMHO. Maybe it’s the floorboards (Indian OEM) and the new shocks, but this is way better riding than my 60 was. Oh ya maybe the Night Dragons too, or all of it. 200K ride and smooth as butter twisters and hwy miles. Looks and performance. Love my scout

·
Rider
698 Posts
Got out for a nice ride today. Everyone who says buy a 60 it’s the best value is wrong IMHO. Maybe it’s the floorboards (Indian OEM) and the new shocks, but this is way better riding than my 60 was. Oh ya maybe the Night Dragons too, or all of it. 200K ride and smooth as butter twisters and hwy miles. Looks and performance. Love my scout
I always like having that extra gear. Only the 60 owners say its not ,missed!

·
Bronze member
1,942 Posts
I always like having that extra gear. Only the 60 owners say its not ,missed!
You need to ride both.
Five versus Six speeds doesn't become an issue, even with the differences in motor output because most riders truly don't ride all that much at higher speeds (+80 mph) for any length of time.
But the top gear ratios are exactly the same no matter which Scout motor you choose.

·
Belgian rider
555 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride ! Very nice bike you have got there. Ride safe and stay healthy ! A loud cry 'Ugh' , from the Belgium Tribe

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No issue with the gears on either. Just the quality of the ride. As mentioned, my old Scout was a 2016 Scout 60, this is a 2020 Scout 69 with updated shocks, tires, brake cylinders and floorboards. I think all of that, NOT the engine or gears made the difference.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts