Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Amazing news. I can't wait to see what the custom shops have done.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pictures, pictures :)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
That's cryptic. You always seem to have reliable information. What can you tell the information starved masses.
Unfortunately this little rag does not have the power to get info that "traditional magazines" get. Sucks. I was told that two custom Scouts were coming to the NYC IMS show and cryptic information after that. No news on who or what. I just had to wait, and now we know who. (Not pumped on the two choices... Maybe they will put out something that is not like everything else they have put out.)

I should have more information on Thursday as that is the media day. Fingers crossed.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Initial impressions based on just these -

Dirty Bird is among the ugliest bikes made. I try and cant find a single redeeming quality in what I see.
Klocl Werks - Karlee is a babe! Love the exhaust and the seat, the rest is meh.

·
Registered
48 Posts
What's remarkable here is that the one custom has such a classic look and it works. The other is very sporty and (Meggie's perfectly allowable opinion aside) it works.

This is a modern Scout because it's classically sexy and modern and sporty.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Such varying opinions and that's the way styling affects individuals and that's a good thing.
IMHO the Klock is such a wasted opportunity - a sylist gets a chance at one of the first Scout customs and it's such a loss. It actually takes away all that makes the stock Scout so tough looking - wheels that take away the tough look, goofy rear fender, handlebars that look like they were tacked on as an afterthought, wimpy little seat. While I still prefer the stock bike over the Dirty Bird, the Bird builds on the base Scout's sporty look and looks great.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Two very different views as to where one can go from stock. Each certainly get attention AND get the viewer thinking about what to do to that new Scout when it gets to the viewer's garage! I believe there will be more customs to come, sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The Scout 42 is pretty spiffy, and I like the color and general feel of it, minus the little fairing (I don't understand such fairings). I would have liked seeing the exhaust be shaped a little differently. That said, I think it's style is pretty cool.

The Klock Werks one, I just don't understand (mini)ape hanger bars

·
Founding member
1,068 Posts
20141213_143040-1.jpg

I must say that I wasn't a huge fan of these two custom Scouts before I saw them in person. While I'm still not a buyer for any of their bits and pieces the two tone paint on both bikes look great. Karlee was very fun to talk with and as Meggie has said a babe. More pics from the show after I get home tomorrow. I didn't get any new delivery info other than the very vague but encouraging statement that trucks full of Scouts are out making deliverys.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
View attachment 3966
I must say that I wasn't a huge fan of these two custom Scouts before I saw them in person. While I'm still not a buyer for any of their bits and pieces the two tone paint on both bikes look great. Karlee was very fun to talk with and as Meggie has said a babe. More pics from the show after I get home tomorrow. I didn't get any new delivery info other than the very vague but encouraging statement that trucks full of Scouts are out making deliverys.
Great pic, thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts