Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m in eastern Washington. 6PM and 100 f. It’s just one of those H-D shirts I put on while riding.

·
Rider
441 Posts
Got tired of the record breaking heat back home in Tucson so my bride and I are spending ten days up in the White Mountains. Highs are mid 80's with nice cool nights in the low 60's. We tow the Springfield up here in my cargo trailer behind the Class C motorhome. Every morning we roll out for a 2 - 4 hour ride and then it is back to camp and all of the comforts of home.

We are just outside of Heber, 30 miles west of Show Low at 6,500'. Saturday morning we are moving to Big Lake at 9,000'. Sunday is our 50th anniversary so to celebrate we are going to ride the Devils Highway {666 aka 191} again. The Monsoon has finally kicked in and we are getting thunderstorms every afternoon. we settle in to the front seats of the coach with a cocktail and watch Mother Nature up on her hind legs... it's quite a show.

:giggle:

·
Bronze member
1,949 Posts
Going to feel like 100° or more here for at least another week. Didn’t get real hot until this week.

Dog days of summer, when the sun is aligned with the star constellations Canis Major and Canis Minor.

·
Read Only
416 Posts
We have mid 90's here this week but humidity is hanging around 70-75%...Summer in the South...whoopee.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Got tired of the record breaking heat back home in Tucson so my bride and I are spending ten days up in the White Mountains. Highs are mid 80's with nice cool nights in the low 60's. We tow the Springfield up here in my cargo trailer behind the Class C motorhome. Every morning we roll out for a 2 - 4 hour ride and then it is back to camp and all of the comforts of home.

We are just outside of Heber, 30 miles west of Show Low at 6,500'. Saturday morning we are moving to Big Lake at 9,000'. Sunday is our 50th anniversary so to celebrate we are going to ride the Devils Highway {666 aka 191} again. The Monsoon has finally kicked in and we are getting thunderstorms every afternoon. we settle in to the front seats of the coach with a cocktail and watch Mother Nature up on her hind legs... it's quite a show.

:giggle:
wicked sounds awesome I love watching the monsoons and sip on a cold drink to wash away the build up and humidity. Congrats to your wife and yourself long time

·
Registered
2012 Indian Chief Vintage . 2016 Indian Roadmaster
551 Posts
80 degrees in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Headed to my home in Maine Monday on the Canadian border, 63 there today.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,037 Posts
Some years ago I rode my 2002 Victory V92C/Ural sidecar rig from West Texas to San Diego in mid-summer with my girlfriend. We got up early in the morning and rode west 3 hours to El Paso, then spent the day lounging in the pool at friends' house. At 10:00 that evening we jumped on I-10 and rode all night to San Diego, arriving about mid-morning. It beat fighting the heat. We then spent a couple of weeks riding the coast highway to Seattle and back. The Victory was a great bike, reliable as a hammer and able to haul the big military-style sidecar loaded with camping gear and girlfriend down the highway at 80 mph, no sweat.
--- Randall

·
Registered
724 Posts
Some years ago I rode my 2002 Victory V92C/Ural sidecar rig from West Texas to San Diego in mid-summer with my girlfriend. We got up early in the morning and rode west 3 hours to El Paso, then spent the day lounging in the pool at friends' house. At 10:00 that evening we jumped on I-10 and rode all night to San Diego, arriving about mid-morning. It beat fighting the heat. We then spent a couple of weeks riding the coast highway to Seattle and back. The Victory was a great bike, reliable as a hammer and able to haul the big military-style sidecar loaded with camping gear and girlfriend down the highway at 80 mph, no sweat.
--- Randall
Victory V92C was a nice bike. The one and only one I rode was a test ride. Speedometer module was dead. Arrived back at the owners place and then noticed my soaked pants. Fork seals were definitely done.
Would have been nice to know that before the test ride.
Great idea riding overnight.

·
Bronze member
2,151 Posts
Highs in the upper 70's here, low's in the mid 60's at night, sunny and clear, but some of you guys can't stand Cali, cheers.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,037 Posts
Highs in the upper 70's here, low's in the mid 60's at night, sunny and clear, but some of you guys can't stand Cali, cheers.
California has a great climate (along the coast) and some of the best scenery and riding in the world. The people are even pretty nice, if not as friendly as Texans. The problem with California is that there are too many people and their politics/government sucks. I'd love to be able to visit California circa 1920.
--- Randall

·
Bronze member
2,977 Posts
Ya,it's supposed to get just a tad on the warm side around here this weekend too, ticking the 100* mark on Sunday,and ,with high humidity to boot.So,with that being said,I guess I'll just have to file a complaint with Polaris cause the AC on my scooter doesn't work worth a sh**!! :unsure: :cry: Dave!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts