Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
** Update: I was in the middle of writing this post to get some help from other's who have installed this slip on and in the meantime, Xchoppers called back with an answer to our problem. Turns out Indian made changes to the 2018's and hence, our problem with them. I'm leaving this up for anyone who wants these for a 2018+, because they apparently don't work and Xchoppers was unaware.

This past weekend we installed these slip on pipes on my '18 Scout 60. The install wasn't difficult, but things just didn't line up as they were supposed to.

We're having a hard time with the slide bolts. The access opening lines up where the stock mounting hole is at, causing the bolt heads to want to fall out of the slide channels. At this point we'd have to drill a hole in the stock bracket. It's almost as if the bracket on the pipe was welded on backwards?

Sent an email to Xchoppers on Saturday as we were installing and had gotten no response as of today. Because we're in Washington and they are in Texas with very limited biz hours, my husband finally was able to make a call and got a hold of them this morning. He seemed kinda grumpy and unhelpful (his call back was more pleasant).
Basically assumed my husband didn't know how to install these slip-on's since they've "sold 1000's of them.". My husband is pretty mechanical and has rebuilt engines and tranny's. Most all our auto work is DIY. This install is not difficult.

Anyway, according to Xchoppers, the only way to remedy this is to drill a hole thru the stock bracket, as we suspected. It is something I'm not thrilled about doing, so we're going to figure out a work around solution. I'll update as we figure out alternatives.

Auto part Vehicle Tire Car Automotive wheel system
Vehicle Bumper Car Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
Bumper Auto part Hood Automotive exterior Muffler

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I didn't know they would effect the install of these pipes and neither did Xchoppers, apparently.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts