Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TLDR: Bike's alarm went off for no reason, i cut it out, bike worked fine but two days later the battery completely died

Hey guys, I had a Gorilla 9100 Motorcycle Alarm with 2-Way Paging System installed in my bike by Indian back in 2016 when i purchased it.

This last month it went off with no prompting when it wasnt activated for no reason a few times in my garage. Last week I had sat on my bike and the alarm went off (wasn't turned on) and did not turn off with the remote. It kept turning on and off consistently any time I touched the bike or even put the key in.

After about 5 minutes of the alarm going off and being unable to fix it I had enough and cut the system out of the bike. I then pulled the wiring for it off of the bike and after carefully checking it looks to me like the alarm wasnt actually wired to anything other than the bike.

I was able to ride fine that night and the next day but two days after that the bike's battery struggled to start, i took the seat off, tried again, saw the negative end of the battery spark and then it stopped responding all together.

I plugged it into a trickle charger and was able to start it today but I was wondering if cutting the alarm may have caused this or maybe there's an issue with the electrical. If anyone has any idea what it could be please let me know. I will be taking it to the dealership this weekend but I'm worried about my bike

·
Registered
146 Posts
Have you tested the battery? A battery at the end of its life can cause an alarm to act funny as well. I have a 2016 and don't expect much battery life remaining from the stock battery after 3 years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts