Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife wasn't that impressed with the standard pillion saddle on my scout so I got the touring one for her. Its an improvement but she still isn't overly happy with it so I asked my local leather shop if they could improve it. They are going to add a gel insert but said I had to remove the metal bracket for them. No problem I thought, I'll just drill the rivets out. There was the problem... I drilled the rivet tops off and removed the bracket but the rest of the rivet won't come out. They just spin with the insert they are in! Does anyone know how I can remove them ?

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sorry i don't know how to help you there but honestly you'd probably have better luck getting an aftermarket seat from corbin. I still haven't heard great things from people who have tried to upgrade the factory seats. Seems like the corbin comfort pillion is the way to go. I just ordered a saddlemen seat for my bobber. Have heard very good feedback on those as well with the addition of a sissy bar. Good luck!

·
Rider
857 Posts
Its a battle from there. I'll bet if you called the shop and told em what's up, they would just pull the remainder out through the backside while they have it apart for reupholstery. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts