Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sounds like you are the only one that the speed limit is actually working?? I guess you got lucky ...better play the lottery tonight! ...lol
Mines working. Ive seen several others that post saying its working.

Most are complaining about the accuracy. Its just as accurate as my truck navigation system. Takes a good 15/20 seconds for GPS to catch up to speed limit zones also i know here in Oklahoma Zone change or get added and well it cant account for that.

But yea gotta make sure ya turn it all on in the Map Layers.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster 116
56 Posts
OK ...I must have missed those...thanks. Yeah it's all on... maybe just takes a while to link or something? So it shows right under the speed on the maps?
Will it post if you are stopped?
Thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Unfortunately this isn't something new, updates working for some but not all. My weather layer hasn't worked since bike #1, even though both bikes were checked and "repaired" and they were suppose to work. The day/night has been addressed multiple times and now, 3 updates later, it's worse than it's ever been. And absolutely no speed limit on maps. I just don't understand how the updates, and even the original software, works for some and not others. I'm no computer guy, but that just seems weird.
On a positive note, at least my garage door openers reprogrammed and they're working again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
and now another issue.....did both updates, and I no longer have any map layers.....zero....zilch.....nada......
any idea where they went? how to get them back? I reloaded the update TWICE already, with the same results......

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster 116
56 Posts
Yeah, there should be a way to upload the previous update. Doesn't make sense that you can't "go back" like they told someone. A computer does what you tell it to do. They could adjust the previous update to make it load over this botched update until they fix it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
This new Nov 21 update sounds like something I'm going to stay away from. I'm currently running the July 21 update and everything works great. I'll wait and see what the next update brings in another six months or so.
Smart idea.
You may not have an issue like some, but you may have the issues I'm having. Obviously, Polaris need to hire some quality programmers and shit can the ones screwing with the code now.

·
Registered
253 Posts
This new Nov 21 update sounds like something I'm going to stay away from. I'm currently running the July 21 update and everything works great. I'll wait and see what the next update brings in another six months or so.
Looks like the software guys were told they couldn’t take Thanksgiving break until the next release was done.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Have you guys re downloaded the latest update and reinstalled it? Your file might have been corrupted either at the download to your computer or the upload to your thumb drive. While your at it get a new thumb drive and reformat it. Eliminate all variables you have control of before coming to a conclusion. Also make sure you click the option to bypass the auto screen shut off screen otherwise your screen will shut off mid update if it's long install. 0 issues with my update. For those of you that understand programming it doesn't make sense that the update would work on some challenges and not on others. Code is code. Since there's only 1 version of the update and 1 version of the ride command then the only only variable left is a corrupted file. That or all your ride commands are jacked up which i doubt.

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster 116
56 Posts
That makes sense to me. I guess it wouldn't hurt to make sure everything is cleared off of the thumb drive first? I am using the brand new thumb drive that came with my bike (2021 RM w/590 miles) I think I will try and re-do my update. It really P.O.ed me when all that stuff dropped out on me during that ride. I'll do that today and report. Thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
Have you guys re downloaded the latest update and reinstalled it? Your file might have been corrupted either at the download to your computer or the upload to your thumb drive. While your at it get a new thumb drive and reformat it. Eliminate all variables you have control of before coming to a conclusion. Also make sure you click the option to bypass the auto screen shut off screen otherwise your screen will shut off mid update if it's long install. 0 issues with my update. For those of you that understand programming it doesn't make sense that the update would work on some challenges and not on others. Code is code. Since there's only 1 version of the update and 1 version of the ride command then the only only variable left is a corrupted file. That or all your ride commands are jacked up which i doubt.
Just in case, I did what you said and went with a new drive and reformatted it, even though it was formatted correctly. I re-downloaded the update and went to install it in the bike. problem is, it says it has the latest update and will not reinstall the new update. Unfortunately the tech at Polaris isn't in till Monday so I'll call then. I have a feeling it'll fall under the same thing as not being able to install an older update, the computer will only install an update newer than the one installed. At least that's what they told me about going backwards. I guess it works the same laterally.

Thanks for the idea though.

Edit: Instead of just erasing this I figured I'd leave it up. You can install the update again even though the bike says you already have the latest software and the install button isn't lit up. Clicking on the update on the USB and then hitting the install button worked. Not sure if it fixed any issues yet, but I'll update it if it does.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean. Did you have any problems with your update?
I haven’t updated in a while. I got spooked a while back when updating turn a few Ride Commands into bricks. Generally, the risk of update hasn’t been worth the added features for me. But, if speed limits are now available I may have to give it a shot sometime. Weather and traffic would be nice too. But, I don’t think my 2018 RM has the hardware for that. What is the monthly subscription costs for traffic and weather?

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster 116
56 Posts
Just got back from a 45 minute ride.
Everything worked as it should except the speed limit thing leaves a LOT to be desired.
It seems as though it will only appear if you have a destination plotted in your maps. Then it never did seem to update correctly.
I started out without a destination and no speed limit at all came up. Pulled over (yeah, I'm old) and put in a destination and bingo ...speed limit sign...right under the speed sign. Great! (I thought) then proceeded. Speed limit showed 45mph ... good...that is the real limit. Came into a 55mph zone and it stayed showing the 45mph on the speed limit sign on the RC
4 miles later ...still on 45mph. The road limit went back to 45mph for a couple miles, then down to 35mph for another couple ...the speed limit on the RC never changed from the original 45mph.
Went back to the 55mph area, pulled over, cancelled destination, put in another destination and proceeded ...it showed correct speed limit of 55mph on the RC.. the actual road limit changed many times...it never showed a change on the RC.
Long story short ... the speed limit thing would be nice...IF IT ACTUALLY WORKED!

They need to: 1. Make it so you don't have to have a destination 2. Make the accuracy better (maybe have it update more often) 3. Have the indicated speed turn to red when you exceed limit (or have the GPS audibly tell you) 4. Make it available as a widget on the other screens.

But I really would be happy if they just made it work right as is in the first place. Does anybody there at Polaris actually sit down on a bike, do the update and then take it for a ride and check out each feature they proclaim to be fixing or adding? At this point it doesn't look or feel like it. C'mon guys (and gals) ...you are better than this. Don't sweep this stuff under the rug until the next update 6 months from now ... get with whoever is writing this code and tell them they have to iron out the bugs. I hope you realize that stuff like this can hurt future sales.

It would also be nice if you could use it on one of your ride screens instead of only on maps, but suggesting that might make the programmer heads explode so I guess that will just be a dream.
I really don't see anything different from the way it was ... I never timed the bootup before as it was ok for me ...never took over 15 or 20 sec., never had any bluetooth problems, etc.
I am not going to touch it (updating wise) unless problems start to pop up ...all this grief just for a speed limit thing that doesn't work wasn't worth it. IMHO

OK enough of my ranting and griping ...lol, but it seems like for a 30k bike we should get quality updates.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster 116
56 Posts
I haven’t updated in a while. I got spooked a while back when updating turn a few Ride Commands into bricks. Generally, the risk of update hasn’t been worth the added features for me. But, if speed limits are now available I may have to give it a shot sometime. Weather and traffic would be nice too. But, I don’t think my 2018 RM has the hardware for that. What is the monthly subscription costs for traffic and weather?
I dont know what those costs are ... I just bought this back in May so I am still under the 3 year plan ...at least that is what shows on the Indian site when I plug in my VIN.
I have never seen any traffic flashes or anything on my RC but I really haven't used the map feature that much.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Nope, no difference. It took the update again (new stick, fresh format), but everything is still the same. Didn't try putting in a destination to see if the speed limit sign would come up as I read Capt. kirks update when I got back. Was really hoping Borinquen vet would be right. Oh well, I guess I'll wait till Polaris looks into it and calls me back.

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster 116
56 Posts
Oh one other thing I forgot ... saw where some were saying after the update their arrow on maps was tracking to the left or right of the route ...I saw mine slightly to one side and I clicked on the target looking icon above the magnifying glass symbol in the right bottom corner. This centers your arrow on the route.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts