Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered some Grip Puppies for my 18 ISB. Heard these are difficult to get on over existing grips. Any tips/suggestions appreciated. Thx

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Got an air gun?

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I have an air compressor and air tip, will that work? If so how to I use it to install?
Sure will. It’s actually a pretty fun install. Put one end on and the air blast it from the inside edge and work it forward. Then switch to the outside when you get close enough and blast it and work it on fully.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
There are videos online, but you’ll probably be fine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. Thx. Will search for some video online. Size looks good up against existing grip doesnt look like they even need to be cut shorter before install.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Ok. Thx. Will search for some video online. Size looks good up against existing grip doesnt look like they even need to be cut shorter before install.
Grip puppies are sweet. Have fun!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,167 Posts
I put these on as well. Soapy water helps a bit. Ended up also using a screwdriver inserted between the grip and wrap rotating it slowly son's until slipped fully on...

·
Registered
306 Posts
hairspray... lubes the grip when putting it on, keeps it there once dry.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Never mind. Found the best deal at Moto Machine. No 6 week wait nor crazy shipping charges. .

·
Registered
334 Posts
Check now???? Only 1 supplier on Amazon -- price of over $20 with $12.99 shipping from overseas and weeks to get them. eBay only has the originals coming from Canada and the UK and taking forever. I did find a pair online thanks to Mr. Google. I forgot to mention there were knockoffs all over, but I wanted the originals. It seems that right now the demand is overpowering the supply.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts