Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,
I am one of those guys that wants nice stuff. I also want my stuff to run good. I initially had an issue with cold weather starting. I have a 2019 Roadmaster. After alot of thought and conversations, I decided the best answer for me to fix the problem was a PCV3 and a good tune. I loaded the "canned" tune and it solved my problem. Of course, after doing the reading on the forums, I decided since I had the tuner, the only option was to actually get a custom tune.

I had emailed @CraigB1960 several times. After discussion, I decided that he was the best option for me and my bike. Now, I can be tech savvy, but the thought of me tapping into my ECU was a little worrisome. Craig set my mind at ease and we started. Craig lays out the directions on how to ride the bike. He tells you how to rev and to what limits. Let me tell you. This was EASY! I would ride the bike and email the logs to Craig. Craig was extremely responsive in getting the next tune to me to load and start logging with. Once or twice, I called and spoke with Craig to ensure I understood his instructions. Craig answered the phone and was extremely pleasant to deal with. I never felt like I was a bother even though I asked some pretty silly questions. What a nice guy!

To sum it up......If you are on the fence, just do it. You will be extremely pleased with how your bike runs. Craig is so awesome to work with. I am extremely happy with the end product. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. And a BIG THANK YOU TO CraigB1960!!!

·
Bronze member
2,047 Posts
With today’s epa regulations. The oem tune in all bikes, cars, trucks, anything with a engine can/will benefit from tuning.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a post where some one regretted getting a quality tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Is your bike a stock bike?
If so, what improvements did you notice?
I have a 2018 Roadmaster and wondered if a tune would show any benefit for a stock bike.

·
Senior member / rider
507 Posts
Very nice GENTLEMAN!!!! Used his services & top notch. Was a farm equipment mechanic for years (retired now) so know a little about engines. But not very tech savy. Craig did more than was required to help me & the Wife get what he needed to get a GREAT tune in our RM.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I have a 2018 Roadmaster and wondered if a tune would show any benefit for a stock bike.
I ran a modified stock tune, prior to adding the Stage 1 components. The benefits are: a lower idle, a richer fuel mixture (helps to SLIGHTLY cool the engine), smoother throttle operation, and a smoother overall running engine.

Reactions: Larz_1

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bike is not stock. I sent you a pm

Reactions: Larz_1

·
Registered
199 Posts
Craig’s stock tune is the best tune out there. Before I did my cam swap he gave me a tune to try out in my bone stock DH. It was night and day, bike pulled all the way to 5k no problem. Best bang for the buck is the tuner and Craig’s tunes. Will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Craig’s stock tune is the best tune out there. Before I did my cam swap he gave me a tune to try out in my bone stock DH. It was night and day, bike pulled all the way to 5k no problem. Best bang for the buck is the tuner and Craig’s tunes. Will not be disappointed.
Now that is what I wanted to hear.!
Thanks for the input.

I do eventually want to do stage 1... maybe even stage 2.
But, in the meantime... I am just wanting my bike to run the best it can.

Sounds like I will be getting a tuner and talking to Craig. ?

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
I’ve had my 2016 RM tuned by Craig through ARTS and he was a pleasure to work with! My bike had better performance over the Indian Stage 2 flash. Best money ever spent on the bike.

he‘s got a blog:
Craig B Blog

1 - 12 of 12 Posts