Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Technology Electronic device Dive computer Electronics

I know there are many such as the Junior, what are your opinions? I want to hook it up and have it maintain the charge level.
Greg

·
Registered
83 Posts
That may be overkill … been using the Battery Tender Jr. for several years with no problem. I say save your $.

·
Rider
557 Posts
Amazon should start having battery chargers/tenders on sale over the holiday season. Look through the “lightning deals” daily. CTek, NOCO and Bosch are well respected and worth the extra money imo, since over-charging using an old style charger can damage these expensive AGM batteries. I have all 3 and prefer the CTek personally. Try and get one with “AGM” mode if you’re able. Costco has also been carrying a smaller basic Battery Tender model in the store for $39 and $10 off when on sale.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Any of their products will work for you. Lead Acid, AGM etc... I have several of the one you show. I even had one fail about five years back. Contacted them, gave them a copy of my receipt and send in the old one. They shipped a new one out in less than a week. By the way it was a full retail package and now I have extra cables. Don't buy a cheap one, like a WallyWorld. I had one fail and severely discharge my battery and I had to buy a battery and a new charger. When the charge failed (in 25 months, one month over warranty) it outputted negative 3.7 Volts and fried one of my batteries. Don't go cheap. Buy a reputable brand like Battery Tender. There are several very good brands, just have to do a little research.

·
Rider
909 Posts
They have this model on sale at Costco for $29. I have two of them and use one on my Chieftain and one on a Scout. It looks almost identical to the one Indian sells.

·
Silver member
5,289 Posts
I just buy a BT Jr. for each.... 1 Vintage, 1 Harley, 1 zero turn. That way I can put or store each one where I want. Over the winter it's usually 2 in the shed, 1 in the garage.

·
Bronze member
3,357 Posts
View attachment 439820

I know there are many such as the Junior, what are your opinions? I want to hook it up and have it maintain the charge level.
Greg

The one shown above is a the same as the one I have except,because mine is older,it's not as fancy looking as the one shown above.Infact,I have two of em and have been using em both for years and without any problems. I have one of em plugged into my SDH right now to keep the battery up cause the bike is not in use. [ IT'S RAINING , "AGAIN" ] GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Been using a Battery Tender Jr on my motorcycles and lawn mowers for years. Work great and cheap to replace if they go bad

·
Silver member
5,289 Posts
Been using a Battery Tender Jr on my motorcycles and lawn mowers for years. Work great and cheap to replace if they go bad
You have allot to learn.... BT Jr's don't cost enough. You/we need something more fancier and more costly, for it to effectively maintain the premium batteries of our premium motorsickles.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've seen a few guys I know buy a HD one and burn up there batteries. The Jr. model is all I will use. Been using one since 2006 and never had an issue. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts