Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Chieftain Elite, when I go into my equalizer screen without touching anything, the stereo gets about 20% louder then when I back out of the screen the sound lowers.. I have the stock 5 band equalizer. I'm not sure what to make of this.
Thanks for any and all info.

·
Bronze member
5,087 Posts
My Springfield doesn't have any sound system so this is a bit of a guess.

Some motorcycle sound systems have an auto volume feature so that as the ambient noise increases with speed, the volume increases. And as you slow down through a town the volume drops down again so you don't blast the locals.

If the Indian sound system does that, then perhaps when you go into the equalizer it turns off that auto-volume and reverts to the volume level you've actually set. That way you can better set other levels.

Are you going into the equalizer while riding or while sitting still? Doing it in both situations might help checking out this idea.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You for the reply, this bike does have that feature and it is turned on. I will shut it off and try it. I am doing this sitting in my garage.

·
Bronze member
3,355 Posts
My Springfield doesn't have any sound system so this is a bit of a guess.

Some motorcycle sound systems have an auto volume feature so that as the ambient noise increases with speed, the volume increases. And as you slow down through a town the volume drops down again so you don't blast the locals.

If the Indian sound system does that, then perhaps when you go into the equalizer it turns off that auto-volume and reverts to the volume level you've actually set. That way you can better set other levels.

Are you going into the equalizer while riding or while sitting still? Doing it in both situations might help checking out this idea.
they do have it.. you can set it how you want even off.. as far as the problem goes never noticed it with mine... but I set the equalizer once and haven't been back to it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts