Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Silver member
5,038 Posts
Your dealer will replace it in kind with the new stuff for free, but get it in soon. Someone said there dealer was saying the open book on the trim was closing in April or something like that...

·
Rider
944 Posts
Call the dealer there is another thread concerning this. There is a service advisory put out by Indian and if you don't complain about the chrome they don't have to tell you about the advisory. I called two days ago and when the parts come in I get mine replaced under warranty. I also have a 2018 RM.

·
Registered
70 Posts
According to the tech at the dealership there is a recall on those pieces, had them all replaced on my scoot.

·
Bronze member
4,155 Posts
The sad thing is the replacement pieces will also peal in time as well. They should have just done form fitted chromed steel.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
The sad thing is the replacement pieces will also peal in time as well. They should have just done form fitted chromed steel.
I had mine replaced for the third time when I had the fender replaced last July. Thus far, they have not started to wrinkle, unlike the second time that I had them replaced and they started wrinkling by the time I got home that day. If you look up the parts on Cheap Cycle Parts, the part number has changed, so I think that Indian finally found a fix, which is why they would be closing the book on replacing all the chrome no matter what your warranty status is. That being said, it should still be covered under warranty if you still have a warranty.

Reactions: Demolition Man
1 - 13 of 13 Posts