Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done with my 500 mile service, which surprisingly took a little less than an hour. But when I got there, my odometer on my 2019 chief dark horse read close to 600 miles. When I left, I didn't look but when I got home I noticed it now reads 399. About 200 miles less than before! Is that normal? Everything else is running great. I did noticed it looks like they flashed a different ECU because no matter how hard I went on the throttle it took forever to get to 60mph. I will reflash my fuel Moto tune asap. Anyway, I'm curious to know about the odometer mile anomaly.

·
Founding member / silver
5,066 Posts
No it's not normal. The odometer should never read different than the actual miles on the bike.

Can you post a pic?

·
Bronze member
3,775 Posts
I thought for a minute it might have been swapped from miles to kilometers, but that would go the other way. The odometer reading is stored in the speedo, not in the bikes computer system. Something odd is happening there.

·
Rider
510 Posts
Were there any issues with the speedo or anything else in the dash that they were supposed to look at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
How certain are you that you weren’t reading KM’s all along and they switched it to miles?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
600 KM = 372 miles. Then you rode home and noticed 399 miles. Was the dealer around 27 miles away?

·
Rider
798 Posts
What does your work order say the miles were when you brought it in and what does it say when they were done with it? By law it has to be on your paperwork.

·
Bronze member
3,775 Posts
How certain are you that you weren’t reading KM’s all along and they switched it to miles?
600 KM = 372 miles. Then you rode home and noticed 399 miles. Was the dealer around 27 miles away?
This was something I also thought, but think about it for a minute. The speedo is the same for the whole world and changing from miles to kms does not change the speedo face. Here in Australia in kms we have 60 as normal town speed and 100 as open road speed. I'm assuming the OP is in the US, but using those numbers on US roads would have been very obviously wrong right from the start.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
If you lived in the US you’d realize we have some dumb Son’s a bitches driving around everywhere

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
For the first 600 miles, I’ll wager to say the speedometer showed that bike racing at 120 plus numbers all the way home.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts