Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..................I hesitated for years, before I purchased my 2015 Indian Vintage.
The front fender is what sold me, but I waited till 2018 to buy. I was waiting for
Polaris to have/install a teardrop shaped headlight in their bikes. The year 2000
light is beyond drop dead gorgeous !!!! But alas, no bikes have them.

Is there an aftermarket chrome plastic thingey that is being made for Vintage in the
shape of a teardrop ? I have seen it available on other model Indian's like the Chieftain
Road master. A head light add on like that would dress the bike without having
to re-design or mess with the light output, etc. of stock headlights or upgrades
in the future for the bike owner in that regard. The chrome plastic shape would
always stay on the bike, and the bike owner could upgrade the head light without
having the teardrop shape interfered with..............ya know ??? Any ideas ????
Still looking.............

!ken

·
Silver member
5,044 Posts
No, there is nothing made like that. That was a Gilroy design/style created by Rey Sotelo and team. It really has no historical significance, but I agree. It was very cool.

Maybe some day they will do a model with that styling as a tribute to that era, but I doubt it. They didn't do anything for the 20 year anniversary of the Gilroys, but I thought they should have.

Without that rebirth of Indian in 1999, non of these new bikes would have ever been made. They owe some appreciation for what those guys did back in the day.

Here's mine bought brand new in 2001...

Jesse.jpg
IMG_0352.JPG

·
Registered
2012 Indian Chief Vintage . 2016 Indian Roadmaster
657 Posts
Ray copied a '29 ferd. Rick Doss in Virginia was making them for awhile for Taiwan Ted (V-Twin) that were a direct fit for '02 and '03's. They were beautiful.

·
Silver member
5,044 Posts
Yep, that is correct. I don't think Doss makes them anymore. I believe they might still have the indincators, but not the headlight...

·
Registered
2012 Indian Chief Vintage . 2016 Indian Roadmaster
657 Posts
I had the indicators on my ‘02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts