Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering is there a center stand for the 17RM? Does anyone know of or have a line on an aftermarket piece that would work?

·
German Rider
1,483 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I have the stock suspension but I'm gonna call Indian only for clarification. The description on the site is contradictory. It says it fits bikes with "stock suspension (non-air ride)" but it also says "it's a must if your running and air ride set up". I'll keep you posted on what they tell me. Ride Safe!⁸ View attachment 596961 View attachment 596962 View attachment 596961 View attachment 596961 View attachment 596962 View attachment 596961 View attachment 596961
Don't know why this thing attached so many pics. Won't let me delete either.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
The description on the site is contradictory. It says it fits bikes with "stock suspension (non-air ride)" but it also says "it's a must if your running and air ride set up".
The way I read that is: It works just fine without an air suspension. If you DO have an air suspension, you NEED a center stand. With the RM being so heavy, I wonder how much muscle it would take to get it on the center stand?

I have a buddy with air suspension on a CVO Road Glide with a pneumatic center stand. If he empties the air bag with his kickstand down, the bike sits up so straight it's quite unstable. The opposite is true too, if the bag is full and he uses the kickstand, it leans over a crazy amount and puts a lot of weight on the kickstand. Super useful if you're parking on a slope though.

·
German Rider
1,483 Posts
@CMGEE2222 :

Would be nice, If you let US know, what they respond. I would Like to have one without airride suspension. I would Order one, when I am at the bike Werk next year and take it home by myself, cause shipping to Germany would be to expensive.

Thanks,
Sven

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just spoke to the guy at Indian Only. He says that it works best on a stock Roadmaster. If you want one for a bike that is lowered or has an aftermarket air ride suspension, they have different models based on what you got. They make them to order based on your bike. Hope this helps. Just placed my order.
Screenshot_20200708-082957_Chrome.jpg

·
Rider
943 Posts
I believe their site says 2014 and up. Also their just a phone call away.

·
German Rider
1,483 Posts
Sounds good. Would like to see some pics installed and maybe a little write up, how hard/easy it is/was to mount it. Plug-n-play using existing hardware or drilling needed,....

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just wondering is there a center stand for the 17RM? Does anyone know of or have a line on an aftermarket piece that would work?
I noticed this thread yesterday and called the number on the website to make sure it works with the standard suspension and I was told that it does despite the conflicting information on their website. If they've finally come up with a center stand that works with stock suspension, it would be a great aftermarket add-on. I have one on my Goldwing and it lets me do many chores without having to jack it up, including removing the rear wheel. To the OP, have you installed it on your bike yet? If you did, any first impressions? Thanks.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I just spoke to the guy at Indian Only. He says that it works best on a stock Roadmaster. If you want one for a bike that is lowered or has an aftermarket air ride suspension, they have different models based on what you got. They make them to order based on your bike. Hope this helps. Just placed my order. View attachment 596993
When you install the stand please let us know ease of use and installation.

Reactions: Demolition Man

·
Registered
229 Posts
Following. This certainly peeked my interest, but before I go for international shipping and 60% custom duties and races I need to see some reviews.

·
German Rider
1,483 Posts
Correct, still waiting on that review......

Cu,
Sven

Reactions: Warweasel

·
Registered
417 Posts
The OP has only made 8 posts since joining in 2016, so I would be surprised if he posts his conclusion. I did send him a PM and if he replies I will let you know.

Reactions: vcs

·
Registered
417 Posts
I did reach out to the OP and here is what he replied.
"
I purchased the center stand from IndianOnly.com but have not installed it yet. I will soon and post pics and details of the install."

·
German Rider
1,483 Posts
Any new Infos about that?
Pics, install write up, etc.

Cu,
Sven

1 - 20 of 21 Posts