Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the 121" kit worth the money it cost? or is a well set up 116" or 111" just as good. By well set up I mean intake, exhaust, cams, throttle body, injectors, valve springs and some type or fuel management Dyno Jet, Power Commander. I am looking to buy another bike probably a Springfield Dark Horse. I am just wondering would i be better off just tuning up the 116" it comes with or is the 121" really worth it?

·
Bronze member
2,221 Posts
The 121 needs boring the case. Furthermore the rotating assembly needs a rebalancing with the new pistons and the carillo rods.

I personally do not trust any shop to split the case and do all this work ... except Lloydz himself.

I personally am already nervous when thinking about a 116 BBK upgrade for my 2014 TS111. (until now I have stopped after camming my engine with the Lloydz 585s, upgrading the valve train and my own PVCX tune dialing in.)

So ... questions of "monetary" worth it for anything bigger than 116 got a bit into background. But that's just me.

If you can get your skoot taken care of by Greer himself then you are lucky.

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,636 Posts
His "published" 121 power levels/curves are beaten by a correctly modded 116 (proven via our membership supplied dyno charts).. The recipe is simple: 116, VP60, X-Pipe header, Indian Stage 1 slipons, Lloydz 585 cams, 12.6 [email protected], +2° ignition advance for the top end rpm range, DONE!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had my Victory Vegas tuned at Lloydz Motor Workz. It is about 85 miles from where i live. Indian Motorcycle Charlotte is about 670 miles from me, i can do the ride in under 12 hours. If i were to go with the 121" i would go there. I am just wondering if the 116" that the new Springfield dark horses comes with is what i am looking for after a proper set up.
Indianster stated a good sounding set up. I am just not sure if the New factory 116" will handling power upgrades? I have no problem upgrading the clutch. I Just don't want to sacrifice reliability and longevity of the motor.

·
Bronze member
2,221 Posts
I had my Victory Vegas tuned at Lloydz Motor Workz. It is about 85 miles from where i live. Indian Motorcycle Charlotte is about 670 miles from me, i can do the ride in under 12 hours. If i were to go with the 121" i would go there. I am just wondering if the 116" that the new Springfield dark horses comes with is what i am looking for after a proper set up.
Indianster stated a good sounding set up. I am just not sure if the New factory 116" will handling power upgrades? I have no problem upgrading the clutch. I Just don't want to sacrifice reliability and longevity of the motor.
Yes ... the factory 2020 116 has all the tougher parts (valve springs, conrods, better clutch pack) already in there.
If you add the 116 stage 2 kit you will get the hotter (previously stage 3) cams bigger injectors, intake related upgrades and a brand spanking new factory 116 stage 2 factory tune. (And factory warranty)

Pretty sure with the other "best of breed" bolt ons and a custom PV3 tune on top of that you won't miss much compared to a 121 which btw would need Lloydz cams and a custom tune as well.

(At the end in both cases the limiting factor will be our TS heads with those exhaust ports! Next power level beyond a well set up 116 would be forced induction ... and for THAT a 121 is the right base)

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. You are making my decision very easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts