Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
OK guys. Big Mama is in the house. I guess I have to step in and get "some people's" head out of the gutter. :)

Anyway, it is not upside down. Everything looks fine. About color....we buy black leather "struck through", and don't do it ourselves. And yes, we had a handful of crotch coolers that did fade. I can only imagine that the tannery didn't do a good job with the UV proof layer that we always request on some hides. So if you have issues with the color, we want to know about it.

If it is not too bad, this may help Amazon.com: Doc Baileys Leather Black Detail Kit 80004-12: Automotive. And a leather conditioner from time to time goes a long way, like "Aussie" or "Skidmores". But if it is beyond that, please email us a picture and we will make it right.

OK, now you can go back monkey around. I'm moving on to the next thread...:)

Isabel

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
OK guys. Big Mama is in the house. I guess I have to step in and get "some people's" head out of the gutter. :)

Anyway, it is not upside down. Everything looks fine. About color....we buy black leather "struck through", and don't do it ourselves. And yes, we had a handful of crotch coolers that did fade. I can only imagine that the tannery didn't do a good job with the UV proof layer that we always request on some hides. So if you have issues with the color, we want to know about it.

If it is not too bad, this may help Amazon.com: Doc Baileys Leather Black Detail Kit 80004-12: Automotive. And a leather conditioner from time to time goes a long way, like "Aussie" or "Skidmores". But if it is beyond that, please email us a picture and we will make it right.

Isabel
Dang! lol

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Installed wrong would be determined by which way you hang while riding......:rolleyes:

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,103 Posts
That's for the seat. A crotch cooler is to keep the heat down primarily on the right side where your inner thigh is close to the top of the rear jug.
You missed my point COMPLETELY! LMAO!!!!

Put your mind in the gutter of a 13 year old and read the last few posts again :rolleyes:

I'll help you out a little
Something about Captain Itch and crotch and upside down and rub and soft side down ... I just can't put it together right now.
I would think you could do anything to YOUR crotch that YOU want to.
And dying it.....

Isabel

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

Isabel
I have started putting a leather treatment by armorall on the crotch cooler, seems to have gotten some of the black back. Thank you for reaching out.

---BREAK BREAK BREAK---

Shenanigans resuming!

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
I have started putting a leather treatment by armorall on the crotch cooler, seems to have gotten some of the black back. Thank you for reaching out.

---BREAK BREAK BREAK---

Shenanigans resuming!
Rub that oil in your crotch ah cooler real good now!

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I am terrible at reading instructions and am now wondering if I installed my crotch cooler upside down. I didn't really care about texture, but the color of the "slick" side is starting to fade to brown. Should I have put the "soft" side up? I'm no leather expert so please correct me if this is wrong: is the crotch cooler made of brown leather dyed black and need to be treated more often to prevent fade?
Aside from the color fade, I absolutely love the product and can't thank CPT Itch enough for making such an effective product that looks like it belongs on the bike right out of the crate.
So sorry that I have not seen this earlier. Yes, your crotch cooler is installed correct. But from time to time is happens that the color fades. And MikeMPGH, you are correct, the hides are flesh color and get dyed black at the tannery. We don't do that in our shop and buy the hides colored black.

If you email me direct to [email protected] your mailing address, I will put a product in the mail for you to apply to make it black again. Hopefully that will work out fine.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Isabel

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
If you like the look of the fuzzy side better, flip it over. It should work just as well, and the stitching looks good on either side. I don't think anyone's going to pull up to you at a red light and say "Hey, your crotch cooler is upside down".
No, it won't work because the right and left side are not identical. Just put the shiny side up.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
No, it won't work because the right and left side are not identical. Just put the shiny side up.
Yes--I stand corrected. BTW, had a devil of a time getting this installed with my Ultimate seat. Had to cut the hole bigger to get it to work. It's on and no issues now, but there was some sweating and cussing going on during the process. Finally took a jigsaw to it and solved the problem.

Quality of the product is first rate, and it really does help with the heat off the jugs.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Had mine for a few weeks and it works great the work is excellent a high quality product

·
Registered
436 Posts
No crotch cooler here.......I like warm "Jugs" Sometimes right side up, sometimes upside down!

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
And back to the gutter we go.....;)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I'll bet they work well. However I got on the bike this morn and it was 42° out and the heat was good....:cool:

21 - 38 of 38 Posts