Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am terrible at reading instructions and am now wondering if I installed my crotch cooler upside down. I didn't really care about texture, but the color of the "slick" side is starting to fade to brown. Should I have put the "soft" side up? I'm no leather expert so please correct me if this is wrong: is the crotch cooler made of brown leather dyed black and need to be treated more often to prevent fade?
Aside from the color fade, I absolutely love the product and can't thank CPT Itch enough for making such an effective product that looks like it belongs on the bike right out of the crate.

Attachments

·
Rider
453 Posts
It's called Captain Itches crotch Cooler. About a hundred bucks. Easy to j stall and really works.

And I think the above crotch Cooler is correctly installed. Soft side faces inside.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's called Captain Itches crotch Cooler. About a hundred bucks. Easy to j stall and really works.

And I think the above crotch Cooler is correctly installed. Soft side faces inside.
Thanks for the reply, time to learn about leather fading and conditioning.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Not to be a smart ass, but isn't all leather light color tan to begin with, then dyed? I mean, there is no naturally black leather?

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Not to be a smart ass, but isn't all leather light color tan to begin with, then dyed? I mean, there is no naturally black leather?
depends on the color of the cows skin pigment (shouldn't that be COWment?).

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Its installed correctly. Needs REGULAR conditioning. I have noticed that the dye rubs off more than on the oem seats. Maybe his dying process is different.?

·
Founding member
678 Posts
I am terrible at reading instructions and am now wondering if I installed my crotch cooler upside down. I didn't really care about texture, but the color of the "slick" side is starting to fade to brown. Should I have put the "soft" side up? I'm no leather expert so please correct me if this is wrong: is the crotch cooler made of brown leather dyed black and need to be treated more often to prevent fade?
Aside from the color fade, I absolutely love the product and can't thank CPT Itch enough for making such an effective product that looks like it belongs on the bike right out of the crate.
If I were you I would contact Capt Itch and discuss the fading issue with them. Mine does not fade at all.
TC

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
If you like the look of the fuzzy side better, flip it over. It should work just as well, and the stitching looks good on either side. I don't think anyone's going to pull up to you at a red light and say "Hey, your crotch cooler is upside down".

·
Registered
555 Posts
Something about Captain Itch and crotch and upside down and rub and soft side down ... I just can't put it together right now.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts