Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Rider
932 Posts
I load up a plastic bucket, wash mitt and knee pads remove saddle bags and head down the street to the local car wash.Fill the bucket with soapy water, stand back 3 or 4 feet soap the bike down avoiding the dash, hand controls, wheel bearings etc. sponge the bike down, rinse with the low pressure spot free cycle, climb on bike, hit the interstate, blow dry @ 80 mph for 8 or 10 miles. Head back home, run up onto the table lift detail every nook and cranny. Hose off and detail the saddle bags.Voila’ done

Attachments

·
Rider
1,434 Posts
I completely agree. I can't believe we are bringing this up again. D
I completely agree ! ! !

(PS: Use the power washer on it 4-5 times a year.)

BD

·
Silver member
5,276 Posts
It is not recommended by Indian likely due to the electronics. I use a garden sprayer with the muiltiple setting nozzle. I will we the wheels, then some wheel cleaner, then spray those down. The rest of the bike I use the mist setting, bucket of carwash/water mix, mist it again. Chamois. And Voila!

Font Screenshot Parallel Document Publication

·
Registered
2,751 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,752 Posts
I wash my 2020 Challenger at home which has well water. I use a bucket of water with Turtle Zip Wax in it and wash with a soft rag (old t-shirt) then rinse with my garden hose nozzle on a soft spray setting. I'm careful to avoid the dashboard and switchgear with the hose. When I am finished I towel dry it with dry rags (also old t-shirts). I usually wax the bike about 2 or 3 times a year with Meguiars paste wax and hand buff out with an old t-shirt rag.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts