Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I read through all the posts from people who ordered first run Scouts in August and are still waiting for them to arrive, it seems like there is a common theme developing. Maybe it's just my imagination, but my perception is that the common thread is the color -- Indian Red. Folks who ordered later (like into September) that already have their bikes seem to be mostly the silver and black colors. Makes me wonder if there is something about the paint process for the red ones that is causing problems for the factory.

Anyone else see this same pattern? Or have I just spending too much time at the holiday grog bowl again?

·
Registered
558 Posts
It sort of seems that way JohnW. Indian Red was the most popular color and that might be causing the paint shop to get behind? Who knows, I'm speculating right now.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Someone said the bikes were done in color batches. Who knows? No one talks.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I was talking with the dealer the other day, he said that an old factory tech told him that red is the single hardest color to work in the automotive paint industry. Something about having to use very precise combinations of pigments to make a particular shade, being really complicated to make it consistent over time, and hard to make UV resistant so that it doesn't fade. With Menetto's public comments about putting in new painting systems at the factory, makes me wonder if there is a connection. I'll grasp at just about any kind of straw at this point just to occupy my idle time.

Reactions: Cindy

·
Registered
124 Posts
If so, my silver smoke ordered on Aug 6th should have been here by now. I'd love to hear Polaris address the process. I'm thinking it is purely a logistics issue.

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,837 Posts
When I left home on the 15th of Dec, the only two Scouts that had been delivered to the local dealer were red.

·
Registered
975 Posts
As I read through all the posts from people who ordered first run Scouts in August and are still waiting for them to arrive, it seems like there is a common theme developing. Maybe it's just my imagination, but my perception is that the common thread is the color -- Indian Red. Folks who ordered later (like into September) that already have their bikes seem to be mostly the silver and black colors. Makes me wonder if there is something about the paint process for the red ones that is causing problems for the factory.

Anyone else see this same pattern? Or have I just spending too much time at the holiday grog bowl again?
I dont think there is any pattern that I can see. I know every dealer was shipped 2 bikes initially. I ordered Red Sept 14 and just by luck, happened to have mine in early at the Lincoln NE dealer. The other bike was a Red and went out the same day I picked up

Reactions: harry

·
Registered
701 Posts
Anyone else see this same pattern? Or have I just spending too much time at the holiday grog bowl again?[/QUOTE] No, for the first question. Yes, for the second. Enjoy!!

Reactions: JohnW
1 - 9 of 9 Posts