Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Is anyone using the RIDERX app?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  1RSCOUT 
#1 ·
I saw this while looking around the riders page. I must be missing something obvious.
If I plan a ride, the program draws a straight line form start to destination. I selected roads, street bike, etc.. I know that the Chieftain is a bad ass bike, but I am fairly certain that it cannot cross Pensacola Bay without using a bridge...

#3 ·
I've never been able to use it to plan out a ride but I did use the Harley app before. Since the lines aren't on the road it can be hard to tell which road to take. It wasn't a problem on open highway but once I got on back roads it was very problematic to the point I took wrong turns and had to pull over a couple of times to figure out which road I should be on.

My favorite app for my Android is MapFactor Navigator. It takes a little playing around with it to figure out how to customize your route, and on divided roads it tells you to go straight across the road and then tells you to turn left at the last second. Luckily the first time this happened was for a turn I knew so I watched for it from then on. You can see the turns on the map easy enough but it would be a problem if you relied solely on voice commands.

#4 ·
I have a Garmin which really works well. The RiderX will update on the Indian owners site, which I think might be kind of neat to share with other riders.

#5 ·
I have used app to log 19+ rides. None of them too exciting but just trying to see how app works etc. SO far it seems fine on the iPhone but using my same user id on web site and nothing is there. It appears to sync but it still shows 0 miles 0 rides 0 hours.

#6 ·
I tried using the app a few times but found that it caused a major battery drain on my Android phone. I plugged the charger in while riding and found the phone got very hot and the battery discharged in spite of it being plugged in. Deleted the app and used something else and all's well now. Anyone else having the same experience?

#7 ·
I tried using the app a few times but found that it caused a major battery drain on my Android phone. I plugged the charger in while riding and found the phone got very hot and the battery discharged in spite of it being plugged in. Deleted the app and used something else and all's well now. Anyone else having the same experience?
Same here. Sucked the power out of my smart phone. Uninstalled the app.

#8 ·
I have tried to create a ride on the web, no success. I have used the Harley App and it worked fine, but riderx doesn't work at all. It doesn't show dealers, doesn't route the points, I am using chrome and it works with Google and the HD app. so I and not gonna use it. Too frustrating, I have a Garmin 550 and it has great functioning Apps.so I am dropping the riderx. The app need to show dealers from a zoomed out magnification since there are so few dealers. It keeps saying soom in, zoom in, well if you knw where a dealer is you don't need riderx!

#9 ·
From the RiderX customer service rep today. Related to the Scout manual link, "We are aware that it still has not been updated. We apologize for the delay, we plan on releasing the update for that (with a few other updates) in the next week if not sooner."

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.