Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
5 years +
2021 Challenger Dark Horse & 2000 Millennium Chief
98 Posts
Please need Info.
Iron Indian Riders Annual Reunion 2019

We have a new location for 2019, chosen by you all ! ( The Members)
The Texas Hill Country was chosen with a 2:1 consensus over the other two options. This decision was come to by the 4 chapters in the region and blessed by the Tribal Council.

Note. In the next few days, we will follow with more info, so you can secure your room at a negotiated rate of $119.00 per night. This ALSO includes a FULL Breakfast Buffet for two!

For many, when they think of Texas... they think of ... well... desert? Not so! The Hill Country surpasses their expectations. Awesome roads/riding, Old West towns, Texas Wine Country (dozens of wineries nearby), incredible BBQ and beautiful landscapes.

#iirahillcountry

LOCATION!

Y.O. Ranch Hotel in Kerrville TX

The Y.O. Ranch isn't a 'ranch' as one might expect, but was once on the outside edge of town. It's a hotel that has a true Texas feel to it. Kerrville is in the 'center' of the Hill Country. Bandera ( think 'old west) is a few miles south of it. Fredericksburg is a few miles north of it ( German food!). Luckenbach is just a few miles NE of it (got the song in your head now?)

Dates: / 20-23 June 2019

Rates: $119 per room, breakfast included!

Reservation INFO:

Group Code : TA53019
Group Code references "Touring Adventures - Indian Motorcycles"

group can now make reservations with this link.

Y.O. Ranch Hotel & Conference Center

Call if necessary at PH: 830-257-4440

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Have ridden every one of the highlighted roads within the last two weeks. Some fun miles in there. Couple of pieces of info..

- While the three sisters (335, 336, 337) give more miles of hills and twisties, that little red section on 16 between Medina and Kerrville has the tightest turns of all those routes. There are a couple of 180, decreasing radius turns that'll catch you by surprise if you're not careful.
- The route along 39, heading NE into Hunt is really pretty. Follows a river for about 15-20 miles. Nice cruisin'
- In my opinion, the section of 337 between Vanderpool and Leakey is the best overall section of the sisters. Up and down a couple of ridges with a number of blind turns at elevation.
- Great rollercoaster along the northern half of 335 if you like ups and downs
- A lot of this is open range. So you not only have deer to watch for, but cows also. And that means quite a few cattle grates to cross. Check the air in your shocks.

Reactions: rickkcir

·
Rider
1,405 Posts
posting to subscribe

i'll be following the thread to find out if my best friend and i trailer our Bobbers to Kerville Friday night and "do whatever it is ya'll plan on doing" Saturday morning :)

not sure when KSU is and i'm not sure where we will be headed and when ya'll plan on being back at the hotel, but i'll keep an eye out :)

p.s.
does anyone know of any "caravans" leaving Houston on Thursday or Friday headed to Kerville ??

Reactions: rickkcir

·
5 years +
2021 Challenger Dark Horse & 2000 Millennium Chief
98 Posts
Been in the works for many months now. As we get closer, putting the info out for those that may not be a member of the IIRA but would like to attend.
You do not need to be an active member to attend this function.
*ALL RIDERS / makes and models welcome.... ** except Drifters ;)
Nature Natural landscape Font Morning Wildflower

** piss on them Drifters..:D #KitBikesRule #knockoffsdrule
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycle accessories

·
Rider
1,405 Posts
Does anyone know the "Agenda" for Saturday morning ??

Meet up spot ?? KSU ?? Where we're riding to ??

·
Founding member
1,515 Posts
Does anyone know the "Agenda" for Saturday morning ??

Meet up spot ?? KSU ?? Where we're riding to ??
Just come to the motel in the morning and there will be plenty of info about the plans for the day, Harleynot or Eraserhead will probably have a poster up announcing various riding plans for the day, You can pick whichever group suits your fancy. This is just speaking from past experience. If there are other specific plans I haven't heard of them yet. I'm sure everything will work out. It will be good'ern a box of chocolates.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts