Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering why the ipod that I used to use on my 2015 Chieftain will not connect with my 2019 Chieftain ??

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wondering why the ipod that I used to use on my 2015 Chieftain will not connect with my 2019 Chieftain ??
I had the same problem with my 17 chieftain never did figure it out . But the music from my iPhone will play without a problem wireless or connected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so then can I load music on the usb drive that came with the bike? If so does the controls allow you to see and change music on the drive?

·
Rider
944 Posts
Ok so then can I load music on the usb drive that came with the bike? If so does the controls allow you to see and change music on the drive?
yes its how I play music. except I use a 64 g drive and have tuns of music on it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
this happened to me and it drives me nuts. iPod isn't super old... but wouldn't work in my 19. thighs what I read here... just not compatible. damn apple

·
Bronze member
1,725 Posts
I took my Nano which is about 10 years old to the Indian dealer and plugged it into one of the new Challengers I can get artist and song title is displayed on the screen but will not play. Friend of mine who's electronically knowledgeable said I could get the new iPod Touch and then it will work. I have to go that way as my Nano is full I bought three albums a couple of weeks ago but it won't fit the Nano so I have to get the new iPod Touch anyways even if I keep my teeth in Dark Horse

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Yes, I believe the thumb drive will do everything the iPod will do when connected to the Ride Command but the music needs to be in a MP3 format, or similar type of format. You can use the wav format as well and it will play but it will not display as much information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
The only iPod I could get to work was the Touch. My old 160gb Classic wouldn't play either.

Reactions: RACNRAY
1 - 12 of 12 Posts