Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the iPhone 6. But to find out that it will not pair with bluetooth on my 2014 Chieftain. I called Apple and was told That in order for it work. I would need a flash for firmware this is also needed for some cars. I called Indian and they told me no flash was available. Only reason I got the Apple phone was because Indian says the bike is Apple ready. After spending 4 hours on calls about this problem I exchanged it for a samsung that paired in 30 seconds. Just giving a heads up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just got rid of Samsung for IPhone 6. Samsung had a problem when trying to place outgoing calls (would not go to headset). IPhone 6 paired with no problems. Phone works great (Sena Headset) and I can talk to Siri with no problems. I usually get my music via IPod connected to USB.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I found a great use for old iPhones .... Download all your music to iPhone 3 or 4 then put it to the USB and forget it. They work the same as iPod and you can just leave it hitched up. Audio system works great

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have tried using my old iPhone 3 connected to the USB. It will play one song then stop. I get "NO DEVICE CONNECTED" status on my screen. I tried hooking up my iPhone 4 and I get a message on the phone that says, "Accessory Connected" but on the bike I still get the "NO DEVICE CONNECTED". It is very frustrating. Going to try a simple flash drive with WAV files next.

·
Registered
24 Posts
2014 Chieftain and iPhone 6. No issues pairing; SIRI operational, Google Maps audio through Bluetooth no problems. Not sure what to say here. Perhaps down rev OS?

·
Limited Edition - Solid Red Roadmaster
3,516 Posts
I ave an Iphone 6 and 2015 RM - mine connects via bluetooth ok

Reactions: SterlingDrive

·
Senior member / silver
3,453 Posts
Apple not only sucks, it SWALLOWS!

·
Senior member / rider
732 Posts
I'm sure it's a firmware issue with his bikes audio system. It's unfortunate because it sent him back to a vastly inferior phone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've tried various apple products, eventually got fed up with losing music, struggling with software and prblems with filmware, now avoid apple products at all costs.
I'm not pro or anti anything but when things are difficult or even impossible to use I ain't going to buy it.

·
Senior member / rider
732 Posts
I tried an Android again for my last phone. Got so sick of it having all the issues you just mentioned that I went back to an iPhone 6s.

Couldn't be happier, and it automatically downloaded my entire music library from years ago the first time I logged into iTunes. Also retrieved all my old photos, and merged them with the photos from my old phone and sorted them chronologically and into albums. None of the hodgepodge crap that android makes you put up with.

Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have a 14 chieftain and iphone 6 and mine paired up with no issues. I've had the iphone six for 8-9 months or so.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have. 2016 Roadmaster and have been using my iPhone 6s since I got it and have not had any issues. Works great through Bluetooth.

·
Read Only
6,804 Posts
Well the best i can figure from recent posts and from Polaris customers service is that when connecting to USB there are certain apple products as per the owners manual that are compatible. As far as pairing via Bluetooth, any phone with Bluetooth "should" connect. I plan on getting the iPhone 6s today and will pair it to the 2015 Chieftain's audio, and report results. As far as the Sena 20s, it is well proven to connect via Bluetooth with the Indian's audio system, but also need to see if tje iphone will pair directly to Sena for use on other bikes I own without audio systems. Thanks for all info.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts