Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

Just closed the deal on a 2018 Scout 60. Having it shipped up to me next week.

I haven't ridden in a bit as I sold my '14 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom about 2 1/2 years ago. Covid makes you do crazy things, so here I am with another bike! I've always loved the Scout's and when this particular bike popped up, I fell in love! Luckily the previous owner did a lot of the work for me. Corbin seat, Viking bags (may not be a good thing from what I've read), windscreen, engine guard, etc. Already looking into slip-ons.

Anyway, just thought I'd say "hi" and introduce myself! Appreciate all the great info on the forum!

·
Vendor / bronze
2,982 Posts
Congratulations. It is a beauty and you will enjoy. Ride safe and bring all your problems to the forum.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Congratulations. Did you get it at Hollister?

Phil

·
Registered
549 Posts
I did! Have you seen the bike in person? Have to admit I was nervous buying sight unseen, but I live in Washington.
They do so many custom painted bikes I can't remember if I saw your actual bike last time I was there. I can tell you their custom paint jobs are awesome. Check out the custom paint and build thread on here. I posted several of their paint jobs.

Phil

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They do so many custom painted bikes I can't remember if I saw your actual bike last time I was there. I can tell you their custom paint jobs are awesome. Check out the custom paint and build thread on here. I posted several of their paint jobs.

Phil
From the pics, it looks amazing! I'll definitely check out that thread. Thanks for pointing it out to me!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hi All!

Just closed the deal on a 2018 Scout 60. Having it shipped up to me next week.

I haven't ridden in a bit as I sold my '14 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom about 2 1/2 years ago. Covid makes you do crazy things, so here I am with another bike! I've always loved the Scout's and when this particular bike popped up, I fell in love! Luckily the previous owner did a lot of the work for me. Corbin seat, Viking bags (may not be a good thing from what I've read), windscreen, engine guard, etc. Already looking into slip-ons.

Anyway, just thought I'd say "hi" and introduce myself! Appreciate all the great info on the forum!

View attachment 598646

View attachment 598647
Congrats and welcome! Beautiful bike and „I love my Viking bags“! Build your own opinion by owning them - don’t listen too much to others, especially not to the wrong people! 👍 enjoy, be safe, and always keep that shiny side up! 😎

Reactions: SConn

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats and welcome! Beautiful bike and „I love my Viking bags“! Build your own opinion by owning them - don’t listen too much to others, especially not to the wrong people! 👍 enjoy, be safe, and always keep that shiny side up! 😎
Hey glad to hear you love your bags! It was more about the mounting system that I was reading complaints about. It does look like the belt guard has a rub, so I've already ordered a metal replacement. I'll have to inspect it when I get it and make sure the bags are secure.
I think they look great though!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,385 Posts
Your Sixty looks fantastic. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If you like the long mufflers that stick out from the rear of the saddlebags you might like TAB Longs. I have them with the 1.75 inch diameter baffles and they are loud but not too loud if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Your Sixty looks fantastic. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If you like the long mufflers that stick out from the rear of the saddlebags you might like TAB Longs. I have them with the 1.75 inch diameter baffles and they are loud but not too loud if that makes any sense.
Thanks for the suggestion reinie! I'm not sure which ones I'm going with quite yet. I actually really like the look of the turn out Xchoppers. Still doing some research on sound and looks.
The Combat 2-1's sound amazing from the clips I've heard, but I'd really like to keep the dual pipes.
We actually just knocked the baffles out of my stock pipes on my Vulcan. Definitely made it loud, but I think this time around, I'd rather just get some slip on's and save the stockers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts