Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2015 Indian® Roadmaster™ reflects pure American Luxury. Building upon the iconic Roadmaster name used by Indian in the 1940s, the new Roadmaster reimagines Indian Motorcycle comfort, styling and performance out on the open road, for the long haul.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
STARTING US MSRP: $26,999

specifications

engine

drive/driven clutchwet, multi-plate
transmission/primary drivegear drive wet clutch
engine typethunder stroke® 111
displacement111 cu in / 1811 cc
bore x stroke3.976 x 4.449" (101mm x 113mm)
compression ratio9.5:1
electronic fuel injection systemclosed loop fuel injection / 54mm bore
performance

peak torque (j1349 ft-lbs)119.2 ft-lbs/ 138.9 n m
peak torque rpm3000 rpm/2600 rpm
gear ratio (overall)

1st9.403 : 1
2nd6.411 : 1
3rd4.763 : 1
4th3.796 : 1
5th3.243 : 1
6th2.789 : 1
final drive2.2 : 1
chassis

suspension: Front - type/traveltelescopic fork/4.7 in (119 mm) - 46mm cartridge forks with dual rate springs
suspension: Rear - type/travelsingle shock / 4.49 in (114 mm) / pneumatic adjustment
brakes/frontdual / floating rotor / 4 piston caliper dual front / 300mm with anti-lock brakes
brakes/rearsingle / floating rotor / 2 piston caliper / 300mm with anti-lock brakes
tires/frontdunlop® elite 3 130/90b16 73h
tires/reardunlop® elite 3 180/60r16 80h
wheelscast 16" x 3.5" front and 16" x 5" rear
exhaust systemsplit dual exhaust w/ cross-over
dimensions

fuel capacity (gallons/liters)5.5 gallons / 20.8 liters
ground clearance5.5 in / 140 mm
overall height (in./cm.)61.9 in / 1572 mm
overall width (in./cm.)39.8 in / 1012 mm
rake/trail25°
seat height65.7 in / 1668 mm
wheelbase65.7 in / 1668 mm
overall length (in./cm.)104.6 in / 2656 mm
gvwr1385 lbs / 630 kgs
trail5.9 in / 150.0 mm
weight (empty tank / full of fuel)897 lbs / 930 lbs (406 kg / 421 kg)
standard

standard equipmentabs; cast aluminum frame with integrated air-box; cruise control; driving lights; highway bar; keyless start; horizon power windshield; desert tan genuine leather seats; remote locking hard saddle bags; remote locking trunk; tire pressure monitoring; 200 watt stereo with am/fm bluetooth and smartphone compatible input; heated rider & passenger seats; heated grips; adjustable passenger floorboards; 37.6 gallons of storage
electric

gaugesfairing mounted instrument cluster featuring electronic speedometer, tachometer, and fuel gauge with odometer, dual tripmeters with distance and time, instantaneous and average fuel economy; fuel range; real-time clock; compass; ambient air temperature; gear position display; front and rear tire pressure; engine hours of operation; engine oil life percentage; average speed; battery voltage; radio information display; vehicle trouble code readout; heated grip level (if heated grips installed); and 15 led telltale indicators: Cruise control enabled, cruise control set, neutral, high beam, turn signal, abs, check engine, low tire pressure, battery, low fuel, security system, low engine oil pressure and mph or km/h unit designation
lightspathfinder led lights (headlight, fog lights, turn signals, tail light trunk, tail light, trunk interior light, and war bonnet fender light)
storage

saddlebags17.2 gal / 65.1 l
trunk17.0 gal / 64.4 l
lower fairing glove box2.4 gal / 9.0 l
upper fairing storage1.0 gal / 3.8 l

·
Registered
180 Posts
Not a fan. This feels too much like Indian chasing Harley. I think the leather looks great, but the style of the bike is too much like the glides out there. The plastic wind screens for the legs look cheap. The arm rests for the passenger make the thing look like a dental chair. I'll admit the rear trunk looks great and the way they incorporated the passenger seat into the bike is clever. I just can't think that I'm looking at another model of Harley.
My two cents

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, good for Indian. This may fit the bill for some, but I like mine just fine. This just isn't fo me.

Nick

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well, there is only 1 more reveal before Sturgis.....Wondering if the next is supposed to be the biggest news?? Could it be the long awaited Scout??

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,107 Posts
In other news, Polaris also released a new factory custom Victory Magnum

And the highly anticipated three wheel vehicle, the Slingshot

It looks like Polaris is trying to grow exponentially

Reactions: Roll On

·
Registered
191 Posts
My 2010 Ultra CVO Went out the door @35,900 and $900 extended warranty, that was 4 years ago. Then Headers,Cams,Vision tuner, auto tuner, stage 1 all to get the power of the 111 today, so add in another $4,000. The bike is great at lets say 41k invested all in on a 4 year old machine, again still a great bike, but lets say the Road Master rolls out the door at $30,000 all fancied up, we are still miles ahead on cost compared to a CVO Ultra 2014 $45k. I will say, spend the money you say on some fantastic road trips and say in nice places and eat good food for a few years!! Hello affordable Road Master

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Don't feel bad, I toss out over $31,000.00 in accessorizing my 2008 anniversary Ultra Classic HD plus buying to, there's another $27,000.00. Granted it took from 2007 to 2014 to add on to it.
But, that all changed when I bought chrome (surprise stuff) for my lady, HD kept back ordering one front rim ( stock ) in April 2014, she wrote to them, no type of answer back. I called them. We know, but sorry for your problems. I then wrote and sent citified letters to ALL twelve broad of Directors. They had only (1) one of them call the dealership (But not us) asking questions on how long have they known us, and what kind of people we are. That was just this November 2014.
Later I saw an advertisement about Indian, went out saw it, rode it. Now getting ready to buy it! Thanks HD, I'm never going back to you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts