Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
There are way to many idiots out there, in a hurry, talking on the phone, picking their nose, just can't be to careful.:mad:

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
You better believe it!
Last year almost head on with some douce bag! Guess the lady driver thought i was a bumper post ! Had no where to go except over the edge on the bridge. Just about to jump and she looked up at me ( thank God) . Missed me by 6inches.
After i calmed down i headed home to change my shorts! #%^*%}

·
Registered
731 Posts
It's only trending worse. I feel more relaxed and at ease on the German Autobahn driving at twice the speed than I do on US roads. Something needs to be done to tighten up licensing in this country. Two many ill suited to the task are causing entirely to much unnecessary pain, suffering and loss. Have lost some close friend and family members to the incompetence and indifference of reckless drivers so am a bit sensitive to the topic. Please excuse the sermonizing.

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Is this rider ready to accept 100% responsibility for the preventable accident?
Of course not...the driver ran the light....right?
Blame it on him?

That motorcycle rider had his head up his ass and lucky it didn't cost him his life.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Agreed BD. It took "two to tango" in this incident. When a light turns green it does not mean "go". It mean "my turn to take my chances".

·
Registered
733 Posts
Yes a very lucky fellow better to get the horn and make sure they are all stopped then to grab a handfull of throttle these days. Driving tests involving a clutch just might be the cure, but not going to happen. All to common today is what was a movie title just a few years ago " The Quick and the Dead".

·
Registered
235 Posts
Glad to see the innocent cager survived running the red light, and crashing into the dumbass motorcyclist. What was he thinking, waiting for the light to turn green before entering the intersection. Got what was coming to him, I'd say. If he owned an Indian he would have made a smarter decision.

·
Registered
504 Posts
It appeared he was antsy as hell while sitting at the light. Kept looking back & forth at the lights to change, the minute he had the green he was on it. Fairly large city- busy intersection at least three lanes maybe four both directions warrants at the very least a look once-twice-three times.... have all wheels in the opposite direction stopped moving... look again before letting out the clutch. I never look at anything except the wheels, if a wheel is not stopped.... I'm not moving! Assbags all over this country think yellow means to go faster so you can make the light....... F&^(k everybody else sitting at the light waiting for it to change.
As somebody else said above it's not going to get better. It's just amazing the amount of people that could give a shit less about the next guy.
Somebody mentioned licensing should be tightened up in this country, well they are trying to do something about this kind of shit & it doesn't involve a human brain behind the frick'n wheel, we can't be trusted anymore to make a good decision, so they are putting the brains in the vehicles now, if a collision is detected your car will be under it's own control preventing this collision "supposedly". Even following too closely, I'm too stupid to know when I'm following too close, the car will know & slow down to avoid a rear end collision.
Been to the doctor lately? You are even too stupid to know if you are taking too many prescription meds now; so you don't "overdose" yourself, so if it's a narcotic you have been prescribed before, say for a degenerative spine disease, it's now curable with therapy & things such as "yoga" & accupuncture. Exactly when, out of my 13 hour work day this jackass wants me to go to therapy, I'm not sure, I was too pissed off to ask him let alone look for a place that's open till 9pm.
Sorry....... man just a long frickn day.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Every intersection I look before heading out when the light turns green. Saved my butt numerous times. Granted, the person shouldn't have ran the light but he could have prevented the accident as well by looking prior to going through the intersection.

·
Super Moderator
5,884 Posts
Additionally . . . the rider failed to notice that the right turning car created a blind spot for the red light runner. S/he probably never saw the bike hidden by the turning car..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts