Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I just attended the Bike show in Miami and had a chance to speak with one of Indians engineers who designed the roadmaster. I asked him why he was at the show and he said they were looking for feed back from Indian owner. I talked to him about the wiring harness and fuse panel, and also asked about the big sucker air intake for the roadmaster. He said that it has been redesigned and is available for the roadmaster. The 2015 catalog does include roadmaster for the air intake.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thanks for the post. I would be very interested in what that redesign really entails. My dealer has been putting them on Roadmasters but for now they are out of stock.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,990 Posts
Hello everyone,
I just attended the Bike show in Miami and had a chance to speak with one of Indians engineers who designed the roadmaster. I asked him why he was at the show and he said they were looking for feed back from Indian owner. I talked to him about the wiring harness and fuse panel, and also asked about the big sucker air intake for the roadmaster. He said that it has been redesigned and is available for the roadmaster. The 2015 catalog does include roadmaster for the air intake.
What redesign?! Go to the Indian website and look under accessories. For the Roadmaster there is no Big Sucker intake. If you bring up another model you will see the intake and the discription states not for the 2015 RM. Your engineer needs to talk to the tech support people and tell them differently. If there is some redesign then what is the difference? Sound like this "engineer" does not know what he is talking about. Dean E

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What redesign?! Go to the Indian website and look under accessories. For the Roadmaster there is no Big Sucker intake. If you bring up another model you will see the intake and the discription states not for the 2015 RM. Your engineer needs to talk to the tech support people and tell them differently. If there is some redesign then what is the difference? Sound like this "engineer" does not know what he is talking about. Dean E
When I get home, I will take a picture of the new 2015 indian catalog that shows it is available for the chieftan, and roadmaster. They had a black roadmaster at the indian booth that had one installed on the it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
iphone 003.JPG

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,990 Posts
And here you go in black and white 2015 indian motorcycle accessory catalog, see it say &(and) RoadMaster
What would you rather believe and trust on your new ride? The catalog that was printed back in 2014 or the latest info that is put on the website. I know the website has been updated. You used to find the big sucker intake when looking for accessories for the RM. Only in the description did it say "Not for my 2015 RM" Now the website won't ever let you see that intake when looking for RM accessories and if you bring it up in the Chieftain it still says "Not for the 2015 RM". Don't believe me, go look at the Indian website for yourself.

This is why I call and talked to the Polaris reps directly. Personally I think they found some issues in testing when used on the RM that is why they decided to pull back and not recommend the intake on the RM after the fact. In the end, do what you want. I hate the stock filter assy and would love to change it but I am not going to risk any heat damage to my 30K ride till I know there is something that will work on my RM. Dean E

1 - 7 of 7 Posts