Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike is a 2019 Chieftain Dark Horse.

My issue occurs when I have my iPhone 11 connected via Bluetooth AND USB plug. When listening to audio using the USB source the audio frequently cuts out and comes back in and a message pops up on the screen. I think is media loading or reading media. It’s the message that comes up when you first plug in and RC is reading the iPhone.

I believe my RC gets angry when I have my phone connected by USB and Bluetooth at the same time. I don’t have any audio cutout issues when using 1 single connection method. Has anyone else run into this?

“Just pick one bro aaaahhhh!”... Well typically I do just use Bluetooth because I need the notification when a phone call comes in. My position on the railroad requires me to be subject to trouble calls after hours. But occasionally I need to plug it in on the road to charge up.

And also, no the issue is not a loose battery terminal screw. At least one person always chimes in with that golden nugget of troubleshooting haha.

I’m just wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem is all. It’s easily workable.
-Mike

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Connect the phone via Bluetooth. Plug it in to the power port in the saddlebag. Problem solved, problem staying solved.

Reactions: Demolition Man

·
Registered
244 Posts
I had a similar thing with my chieftain, I had a regular sized USB stick for some music and that was cutting in and out as I was riding.

I read somewhere on here that the plug gets loose after time and since I got a smaller USb stick it hasn't cut out
Small USB stick

·
Bronze member
4,158 Posts
The Indian USB plugs are known to be slightly larger than spec causing the USB drive not to fit tight causing connection issues

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
I have had similar issues off and on over the past year or so. A few things (knock on wood) have helped with my iPhone. First, I finally got a quality apple certified adapter cord. I was using the cheap knockoffs for a while, but the new cord really did make a difference for me. I have also reached behind every once in a while and pushed in the connections in the back of the ride command unit. Also, dirt over time can gum up the connector cord, so make sure they are clean from time to time.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've had the same issue (2016 Roadmaster). It was in and out of the dealership for months. I'm not sure what they did but it is fixed 95% of the time. Every once in a while when I hit a bump it goes out momentarliy with my iPod and then comes back. Recently it happened again but in general it's better. I recommend you try what the others here stated first and if that doesn't work...off to the dealership.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts