Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, looking for help finding a headset/ intercom/ communicator. There are a ton of systems out there but I have a very specific need. Something my 2yr old can operate when he is in the sidecar.

So, looking for something very simple and basic. I really just want a voice activated intercom. No buttons for him to mess with would be great. I don’t care about radios, cell phones or gps connection. Hell I don’t care if it has wires. I wear a half helmet, and my son wears a motocross style helmet with goggles, so it would have to be compatible with open or half helmets. There is very little wind noise as the sidecar has a large windshield and I am on a full faired GoldWing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Check out the Cardo FREECOM 4+ DUO (2 pack). It is a little on the pricey side, but solid units with voice activated features. I currently own an old Sena SMH-10 and am looking to upgrade to a Cardo intercom setup when I get a new helmet.

Reactions: Troll31

·
Registered
55 Posts
On Cardo's site you can apply 4PFR for 15% off for "48 hours only" this just came up across my feed since I was looking at the product.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Most of the Sena devices have a Vox activation feature. My wife and I use the 10U, although I had to disable the vox activation on ours because it was picking up the exhaust and radio, so I was getting a weird echo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you have a windscreen on your sidecar, a Sena on the helmet in vox mode is probably the easiest. This is what I use with my sidecar. Your passenger just has to talk and it will automatically broadcast. They will also automatically hear you, and your music if you choose. Only issue we’ve found is wind noise will activate it, so if you don’t have a windscreen it will always be broadcasting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts