Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I must be ignorant about motorcycles. Since they are ridden outdoors you would think the gauges would be water proof. I have a 2015 Scout that my son bought and never learned to ride. I have been storing it out of the weather and take it out for a spin once in a while. It has 800 miles on it. We were trying to sell it so I took it out of the shed to show it to someone and it got rained on. There was moisture on the inside of the speedometer lens. Nothing would light up and the battery was dead. I charged the battery and the bike would start but no instruments. I removed the assembly and it was half full of water. WTF? If it sits overnight it will drain the battery. I contacted Indian and they said take it to my local dealer. The dealer is not that close but I took the gauge to them. Surprise surprise no warranty or recall on it. Even though from what I am learning, it a pretty common issue. And a new one is about 320.00. Why would you make something like that NOT waterproof?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts