Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just rode my 2017 Chief Vintage for the first time at night. The instrument cluster lights are not illuminated. Only the fuel gauge! Searched and can't find anything. Fuse? Something else? Maybe dumb question... do you have to turn them on?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bulb burned out or is it an LED? Check bulb, and or plug where it connects to the harness. If all else fails, consult owners manual.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bulb burned out or is it an LED? Check bulb, and or plug where it connects to the harness. If all else fails, consult owners manual.
Thanks but it doesn't sound like you know anything about the Chief lights! "Bulb or LED"? Saying "check the owner's manual" is not helpful!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Actually, his suggestion to "check the owners manual" is helpful. Instead of insulting his knowledge, maybe you should question your own. Right in the owners manual it says, "Speedometer - Non-Serviceable LED". Therefore, to fix it, replace the Speedometer.

Rob

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not helpful either. If I weren't questioning my own knowledge, I wouldn't have asked the question!

·
Registered
73 Posts
What's not helpful about that? No you don't have to turn them on, and to fix it, replace Speedometer. Non-Serviceable means you can't fix it. Not difficult to understand. And again, reading the Owners Manual, you would know you don't have to turn them on. In fact, Knowing anything about riding a modern motorcycle built since at least the 70's, you would know you don't have to turn them on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's not helpful about that? No you don't have to turn them on, and to fix it, replace Speedometer. Non-Serviceable means you can't fix it. Not difficult to understand. And again, reading the Owners Manual, you would know you don't have to turn them on. In fact, Knowing anything about riding a modern motorcycle built since at least the 70's, you would know you don't have to turn them on.
Some people are just jerks. Feel free to ignore me! I will certainly ignore you!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Let me get this straight. You ask a question, get an answer, insult the person giving you help, get another person to give you an answer, and insult them. Yet somehow I'm the jerk. You're the one that asked for help, you're the one that insulted us for helping you. Why? Because you don't like the answer? The answer was simple. If the LED is out, all you can do is replace the gauge. It is all built in and comes through one connector. So if the rest of the gauge works, but the LED doesn't, REPLACE THE GAUGE. The answer was as easy as looking in the owner's manual. You sir, are the only Jerk in this thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts