Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Rider
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been thinking of adding speakers to my bike. Already have the trunk speakers installed. Looking at Indians website and the audio splitter kit is listed as not working with my bike on their website. Thinking that I need this kit along with part 2882212 (premium saddlebag speakers) ,2879656-639 (red concert audio lids) and 2882231 (2 channel amplifier kit) which goes into the left saddlebag.

On EBay I have found a few venders selling Saddlebag Concert Audio System Kit 2879816-156 which I guess is an outdated kit. Looks like that older kit has an amp that mounts under the seat. This older kit says you need P/N 2880986 (wiring harness) when the Chieftain trunk is installed. I cannot find P/N 2880986 (wiring harness) on Indian's web site but two vendors have it listed on EBay. Looking for input from folks who have installed the older kit or gone with the newer parts and what items you purchased or paid for if the dealer did the installation. I have attached page one of the pdf instructions for installing the audio splitter kit. Thanks in advance.

upload_2019-5-7_16-17-48.png

1 - 1 of 1 Posts