Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a surprisingly very little information out there on this subject. At least not enough for me to be confident on making significant modifications.
Have any of you installed an oil pressure gauge (OPG) on your TS111? I'm working with a 2018 Springfield and would like to mount a 2 1/16 gauge on the bars.
Here are my question:
Did you go mechanical or electrical? Where did you place the oil port/sensor for the line.
I'm going to add the Oil Cooler when I do my next oil change this year, so I was thinking about installing the OPG then.
I would like to go with the AutoMeter electric Full Sweep, but a macancial with a nice breaded line would work too.
I saw a oil filter sender sandwich plate that sits between the oil filter and the engine mount. Are these things a gimmick or do they really work for a pick up point for a sensor or port.
Let me know your experience or your opinion.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I would just tee at the present switch location.Either electric sender(digital or analog)will need to be remoted at the end of a hose as both types are twice the size of a switch,analog dia and digital length.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would just tee at the present switch location.Either electric sender(digital or analog)will need to be remoted at the end of a hose as both types are twice the size of a switch,analog dia and digital length.
Thanks. I'm I looking at 1/8 npt for the threads going into the block?

·
Silver member
5,311 Posts
You really don't need one on these engines...

·
Silver member
5,311 Posts
I have been around this forum for a long time. I have never seen a failure of a TS111 due to low or excessive oil pressure. Plus the bikes already have an oil pressure sensor, thus I suspect if you had either condition happen the VCU would pop a code. Likely this one:

And I wouldn't be surprised if it then sent the bike into limp mode to protect the engine.

Reactions: Manimal2k

·
Bronze member
3,382 Posts
I was wondering the same thing,I have on the shelf a rocker box oil guage kit for a shovelhead,the guage looks to be the same size as the power button.
I would much rather watch that guage than the button.
I think I'll try to mount it this winter after riding season
I think it was purchased many years ago from j and p.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts