Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swapped out stock lights for these this week: HaloMaker Blackout + Passing Lights Pictures below.

If you're just doing the headlight and not the passing light, this can be a 10 minute install. Remove the front inner fairing (2 bolts), and the headlamp retaining ring (4 screws), unplug the old lamp, and plug in the new. Reinstall retaining ring and inner fairing. The passing lights, however, are another story.

For the passing lights, you need to remove the entire front half of the fairing to get at them. 3 bolts on each side on rear half, 4 bolts in the windshield well (after you remove the windshield to get at them), and I think you need to remove the headlamp mount too (mine was already off). This takes some time, and you'll need some long allen wrenches or socket extension to get to the windshield well bolts. There are some youtube videos on this, so I'll spare you the pictures. Plan on a few hours for the entire install if you're taking your time.

Issues along the way:
  • My dim / brights work fine. I've heard of others having problems, or having problems after firmware upgrades. YMMV.
  • My retaining ring did not have a great fit (seemed just a tiny bit too large in diameter, but is holding), and it's of course bare steel, which the fairing does not hide. $5 for a can of Satin Black spray paint fixed that.
  • Getting some whistling at 50mph. Still ironing that out. May need to get creative.
I did trade emails with Hogworkz about the retaining ring and whistling. They're response was more or less, we made these for Harley, but they happen to fit Indian too, so good luck. :(

Overall, I'm happy with the look. Haven't tried them at night yet, but will soon.

Inner fairing removed. Those two bottom bolts with the bushings (right side hidden in this pic) I believe must be removed to get the front fairing off.

The much-hated bare steel retaining ring.

Quick stop at the paint shop for three coats (outdoors! did not paint on my kitchen table, nor should you if you value your marriage!)

The new and improved satin black ring.

·
Registered
566 Posts
How much of a difference is it at night? I rode my ‘19 CDH last night - got caught in a rain storm to boot and I was cursing the OEM headlight. I thought the 19s and up were supposed to have a vastly improved headlight. I wasn’t impressed.....

·
Registered
80 Posts
How much of a difference is it at night? I rode my ‘19 CDH last night - got caught in a rain storm to boot and I was cursing the OEM headlight. I thought the 19s and up were supposed to have a vastly improved headlight. I wasn’t impressed.....
I wish my hogworkz were brighter. For the money I’m Underwhelmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
My Halomaker is really bright and had a very wide range. My only complaint is the high beam shoots really high and doesnt increase the light distance. Overall I’m happy with the new headlight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts