Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, I bought then ok inova cam and didnt like the slow speed of the DVR on file transfer and the camera brackets were a pain to locate. The blue sky uses USB for power and 3m tape to mount cameras. I put the DVR in little glove box with usb power already . Ran rear camera cable under tank with fish tape. No need to unbolt or remove tank. I ran the remote cable to my left handle bar. I drilled a hole in the headlight bezel and stuck the camera to it. Was nice with the usb power option, no need to tap into wires anywhere. System works great so far.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Folks, I bought then ok inova cam and didnt like the slow speed of the DVR on file transfer and the camera brackets were a pain to locate. The blue sky uses USB for power and 3m tape to mount cameras. I put the DVR in little glove box with usb power already . Ran rear camera cable under tank with fish tape. No need to unbolt or remove tank. I ran the remote cable to my left handle bar. I drilled a hole in the headlight bezel and stuck the camera to it. Was nice with the usb power option, no need to tap into wires anywhere. System works great so far.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I would have mounted the front camera on top of the fairing, behind the windshield. Other than that, looks good!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Thanks for that. I am installing the same one later this week. I built a bracket to attach the camera to the forks under the fairing. I'll post pictures when it gets done. Glad to see actual footage and know it works.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Thanks for that. I am installing the same one later this week. I built a bracket to attach the camera to the forks under the fairing. I'll post pictures when it gets done. Glad to see actual footage and know it works.
I would be careful with that. I installed my INNOVV front camera to the bottom of the front fairing, and it dented the front fender when I hit a particularly hard bump.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I would be careful with that. I installed my INNOVV front camera to the bottom of the front fairing, and it dented the front fender when I hit a particularly hard bump.
I remember that post. That's when I started looking into cameras. I am mounting it to the left side bottom of the fairing. There are 2 holes tapped into the fork behind a grommet. I built a bracket and it will mount off to the side. I would start on it today but it goes in for the recall tomorrow. And when I do something it usually involves swear words, a trip to town for repair parts followed by alcohol and a break.

·
Registered
397 Posts
OK. Took a little longer than anticipated. I didn't like the first bracket so I had to reinvent the wheel. I'm liking how it turned out. Attached the rear camera to the trunk with an adel clamp and attached the recorder unit under the seat behind the backrest bracket. I may move it to the fuse box area for easier access to the card. I will say I was impressed with the clarity.

20200529_175412.jpg
20200529_175340.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts