Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I was lucky enough to score a stock Bobber Nacelle for cheap, so I thought I’d try to install it on my regular scout today. After a bit of drilling, and a lot of filing, it is fitting nicely over the stock scout headlight. Its not 100% perfect, but its close enough for me (at least for now).

As you can see in the pictures, it needs to come up about 1/2 an inch, to an inch, and its actually sitting on the stock turn signal mounts (which is ok with me, now they won’t move around). I saw someone did this by cutting a notch out of the Nacelle, but I didn't want to lose complete headlight ring.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s the 20. I kind of wish I hade gone a size bigger after strapping on my travel bag. It was fine though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello all. I was lucky enough to score a stock Bobber Nacelle for cheap, so I thought I’d try to install it on my regular scout today. After a bit of drilling, and a lot of filing, it is fitting nicely over the stock scout headlight. Its not 100% perfect, but its close enough for me (at least for now).

As you can see in the pictures, it needs to come up about 1/2 an inch, to an inch, and its actually sitting on the stock turn signal mounts (which is ok with me, now they won’t move around). I saw someone did this by cutting a notch out of the Nacelle, but I didn't want to lose complete headlight ring.

View attachment 584627 View attachment 584628 View attachment 584629 View attachment 584630 View attachment 584631 View attachment 584632 View attachment 584633
Looks great!! I’m planning on adding one to my scout 60 as well. Was wondering if you could go into detail on how what you modified for it to fit. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks great!! I’m planning on adding one to my scout 60 as well. Was wondering if you could go into detail on how what you modified for it to fit. Thanks in advance!
Sure, the only modification I did was drilling a hole on the bottom of the nacelle, and then I used a file to shape the hole to fit around the tab at the bottom of the Original headlight bucket. All of the original headlight assembly/bucket etc is still on the bike. I didn't take apart any of that. The only thing I had to remove was the plate with the logo above the headlight that hides the brake and clutch cables.

I bought this drill bit set from amazon.
"Neiko 10193A Titanium Step Drill Bit Set, High Speed Steel | 3-Piece Set | Total 28 Sizes"

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sure, the only modification I did was drilling a hole on the bottom of the nacelle, and then I used a file to shape the hole to fit around the tab at the bottom of the Original headlight bucket. All of the original headlight assembly/bucket etc is still on the bike. I didn't take apart any of that. The only thing I had to remove was the plate with the logo above the headlight that hides the brake and clutch cables.

I bought this drill bit set from amazon.
"Neiko 10193A Titanium Step Drill Bit Set, High Speed Steel | 3-Piece Set | Total 28 Sizes"

Thanks for the information. Dealership wanted me to buy about $300 more in parts to replace the headlight and other parts they said I would need. When I bought the nacelle and clams for $100. Then On top of the $200+ they wanted to charge me for labor.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think to do it the “right “way you have to replace the headlight bucket, and chrome ring. I liked the idea of being able to take this off and have the original stuff. Also my freedom shield doesn’t fit with the nacelle :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts