Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I'm James and a new member. I have a question. I live in NY and it is a state that requires an inspection sticker. I don't want to put an ugly sticker on the forks of my 2019 Roadmaster. So I bought a inspection sticker plate (yes i know its illegal in NYS because it can be transferred to vehicle to vehicle and I don't care) my question is to anyone that had the same problem. Has anyone found a good placement for it, if so where and what bolts were needed to be replaced and the size of those bolts.
Thank you in advance,
James

·
Rider
819 Posts
Welcome from Michigan. Can’t help you the inspection sticker plate, Michigan doesn’t require one. I’m sure one of the NY forum members will be able to answer your question. Enjoy your RM.

·
Registered
853 Posts
4462CA6B-6DEF-487A-9364-4EB1A9A4468B.jpeg
25289C45-4949-49E7-B56A-25563EEBD652.jpeg
Hi guys,
I'm James and a new member. I have a question. I live in NY and it is a state that requires an inspection sticker. I don't want to put an ugly sticker on the forks of my 2019 Roadmaster. So I bought a inspection sticker plate (yes i know its illegal in NYS because it can be transferred to vehicle to vehicle and I don't care) my question is to anyone that had the same problem. Has anyone found a good placement for it, if so where and what bolts were needed to be replaced and the size of those bolts.
Thank you in advance,
James

·
Silver member
3,834 Posts
Welcome Gadget from central NY.

Our NY inspection stickers measure about 2.5 x 2.5 inches so I got a chrome sticker plate off ebay that measures about 3 x 3 inches plus the mounting tab. I have a Vintage and bolted the plate between the front crash bar and the frame. See freezeland's photo #1, looks to be in the same location. Nice thing is about the small'ish 3x3 plate, it can be mounted such that it's square/level. Having the plate square/level is one of the very few advantages I can think of living in NYS :rolleyes:

·
Rider
383 Posts
Hi guys,
Thank you in advance,
James
2019.jpg

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a RM here in Pa. Dealer put the sticker on the forks way up towards the top. When I went to pick up the bike I asked where the sticker was because I couldn't see it. Showed me and wow. It is way out of sight but still there. Good thinking on his part. Saying that tho, the NY stickers are a little wider and may not fit around the fork in that spot.

·
Registered
126 Posts
NYS VTL requires the inspection sticker to be permanently mounted to the lower left fork leg. I'm not saying this to be a jerk. I'm just letting you know so even after you go through all the trouble of mounting a plate you can still end up with a ticket. It all depends on the cop. I'm retired but worked with a ton of dicks who would write that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a RM here in Pa. Dealer put the sticker on the forks way up towards the top. When I went to pick up the bike I asked where the sticker was because I couldn't see it. Showed me and wow. It is way out of sight but still there. Good thinking on his part. Saying that tho, the NY stickers are a little wider and may not fit around the fork in that spot.
Take a pic please.

·
Silver member
3,834 Posts
NYS VTL requires the inspection sticker to be permanently mounted to the lower left fork leg. I'm not saying this to be a jerk. I'm just letting you know so even after you go through all the trouble of mounting a plate you can still end up with a ticket. It all depends on the cop. I'm retired but worked with a ton of dicks who would write that.
Probably so. But LEOs I know wouldn't really care. Either way, as long as it's not a moving violation I wouldn't care much. Could always tell the judge it's welded on LOL.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know, I'm in security for the past 25 years and only hire active or retired NYPD so i know they can be jerks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts