Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rider
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it sounds obvious, but it ain't.

The service manual says attach a tight fitting clear hose to the brake bleed screw. But fails to mention size.
What is the inside diameter of the hose? Why is it so difficult for writers of manuals to include obvious and simple information?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Go to Lowe’s or Home Depot. Grab a zirc fitting and walk over to plumbing where the tubing is. Find the size and then return zirc where you found it in store. No guessing problem solved.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I know it sounds obvious, but it ain't.

The service manual says attach a tight fitting clear hose to the brake bleed screw. But fails to mention size.
What is the inside diameter of the hose? Why is it so difficult for writers of manuals to include obvious and simple information?
Old Kentucky Guy,.

Very good question, I wondered the same.

My best guess is they must use different sized bleeders from one year to the next??

Sorry, no help here.

4T

·
Rider
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since cars and trucks are 1/4" I thought the Indians should be the same.
The bleed screw takes a 5/16" but I don't know what will fit snugly on the nipple. I'm just going to the hardware store and buy a couple of inches of 2 or 3 sizes and then go back and buy the necessary length of the one that fits. Just goofy.

·
Rider
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The hose is so dirt cheap, why not just buy two or three of in the general size range?
That's what I decided to do. It just irks me that they can't note the size in the service manual.

·
Rider
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The answer is 3/16" ID

·
Rider
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For future reference the ID of the hose should be 3/16". Now I have to buy brake fluid and a 5/16 box end wrench. This particular part on the bike is SAE & my tools are metric.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts