Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,691 Posts
Yes it does. To protect you from hypothermia.

Also, if parked at a bar too long, it goes into Limp Home mode.

Reactions: JoyRider and Kost

·
Bronze member
2,691 Posts
Your welcome.

·
Bronze member
2,691 Posts
Yes, good idea.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'd have to see a schematic showing a temp sensitive relay or one controlled by a separate temp switch.I work on FADEC engines everyday and any temp sensitive operations are controlled by the ECM using inputs from hardwired sensors.Indian is definately in this group as shown by the starter button starting an autocrank function and not just turning a starter on and off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, i was just informed the 2017 scout on didn't have the same switch, and it seemed to take care of the issue,so far I'm not to happy with indian, it was in the shop under warrentry e time, they could never figure it out. Also durning demo days. The demo bikes wouldn't start either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd have to see a schematic showing a temp sensitive relay or one controlled by a separate temp switch.I work on FADEC engines everyday and any temp sensitive operations are controlled by the ECM using inputs from hardwired sensors.Indian is definately in this group as shown by the starter button starting an autocrank function and not just turning a starter on and off.
Right ,it's built in the ingition (key)switch.

·
Bronze member
2,691 Posts
Alright, Alright, I can't stand it anymore - gonna have a stroke from laughter..

There is NO thermostat on the key switch.
There IS a known starter motor issue that causes non-starting..

My Scout takes longer to start when it's been sitting over a week and/or when it is very very cold.

Perhaps change your thread tittle to "Scout Start Issue" - and spell everything correctly (No "Ingition" nonsense)... Those with the experience and knowledge to solve your problem will come..

Reactions: Max Kool

·
Registered
435 Posts
Still rolling on the floor :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Indianster
1 - 20 of 25 Posts