Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 Road Master, screen freezes up and dealers can’t figure it out. Does fine until it wants to freeze, then when I turn bike off screen still showes screen no where it froze. The only way to clear is disconnect the battery, tried pulling max fuse, no luck, and it makes a loud pop when I disconnect. One dealer said can’t fix it because doesn’t throw a code. Another disconnected battery before doing anything else and said nothing is wrong. Still another said just disconnect battery, it happens but don’t know why on a few RM

·
167 Posts
Fuse box is under the left side cover. There are two larger type fuses on the forward edge of the fuse box, one is for the ECM the other is for the VCM. Pull them both for 60 seconds. I think it's worth a try.

·
Premium Member
1,886 Posts
My '17 freezes on the road. But, if you leave it alone, after several minutes it will snap out of its zombie state.

·
Read Only
416 Posts
I had Cochise for about a month and I had the same issue. When it locked, it froze and would not turn off no matter what I did. I let it sit for about 30 minutes with all switches off and still displaying the frozen screen. It's only done it once and the only fix me or the service manager could come up that day was the battery disconnect. That fixed it and it's not done it again. SM had never seen it before and, when talking to him recently, has not seen it again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts