Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

141 - 160 of 209 Posts

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,647 Posts
Thanks Troop, why didn't I think of that? Now that I've seen pics the Intruder could have a case of cupping. Here's a pic to show what I mean. View attachment 18187 :rolleyes:

No, seriously, I have had strange tyre wear on the Intruder too, but after years of scratching my head trying to figure it out I find the reason. My fronts always wore out on the right side of the tyre. Why? I was a side of the road rider. I always positioned the bike As far left as I could (Burtland is drive on the left, remember) and road camber did the rest. I now ride middle to upper of my lane and have no more strange tyre wear taking place.
That looks like a Goldwing Valkyrie with the cupping

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've been running Michelin Commander II's since I rolled it off the showroom floor. They've handled the sudden downpours in south Florida and the potholes and craptastic roads in the Midwest well. They keep sticking to the ground

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I've been running Michelin Commander II's since I rolled it off the showroom floor. They've handled the sudden downpours in south Florida and the potholes and craptastic roads in the Midwest well. They keep sticking to the ground
Did you change the rear shocks as well? I ask because I still have more rear tire slide than I'd like in the wet, even on my Michelin Commander 2s, which I've been running for the last 4,500 miles.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
No, it's all stock except the tires
Makes me wonder if Michelin use a slightly different compound in different markets. I have to be SO careful when applying power in the wet if there is the slightest curve or unevenness in the road - probably not the same extent as with the original Kendas, but not far off. Of course the 2016 Kendas and shocks seem to be better than the 2015 ones; perhaps the overall improvement in the shocks has upset road-holding in the wet?!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Ran on OEM Kendra's till worn requiring/demanding change at 10,300miles. Now on Commander ll's at 23,470 miles and still have a thousand plus miles left. I ride in sunny California, not rainy England so I can't comment on how they handle on wet pavement. But when it's time to change out these tires I be going again with Commander ll's.

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Did you change the rear shocks as well? I ask because I still have more rear tire slide than I'd like in the wet, even on my Michelin Commander 2s, which I've been running for the last 4,500 miles.
Have you adjusted your rear shocks as per handbook instructions Graham?
Alpal

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just put night dragon's on and have less than 100 miles on them. Have not been in much rain on the Kendra tires but I believe I will be happy with the Pirelli's.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I've got about 2500 miles on the Metzler 888's. Major upgrade in ride and traction quality. The whitewalls are retro-cool too.[/QUOTE

Glad you like the Metzler's but please report their performance after you put on some REAL MILES. I'm more concerned with the last couple thousand then the first couple thousand on any tire.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Just put night dragon's on and have less than 100 miles on them. Have not been in much rain on the Kendra tires but I believe I will be happy with the Pirelli's.
Again, like any new highly touted tire they should preform well out of the gate. But how do they handle after some serious tire wear on the Scout..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Kendas seem fine in the dry. In the wet? Absolutely terrifying. Back wheel squirms and wriggles for grip after a light rain shower and sharp bends are taken at walking pace to stay upright. I've ridden lots of bikes through British winters and these Kendas suck like a supercharged Dyson. I just can't bring myself to pay up another 4-500 bucks for a new set of shoes when I've only done 1500 (now only ever dry!) miles.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have used the Night Dragons for 4k mi. and like them . Even drove home 25mi. with a rear flat no problem. Just for grins here's a wild video of a Night Dragon blow out;

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
That's a good question; I checked them early on and they seemed about right, but perhaps I should check again.
282mm, centre to centre between the shock mount bolts with you sitting on the bike in all your biker gear. I am so glad I have fitted Darkscout's DS rear shocks. Adjustment at the flick of a finger,.....suspension heaven,....
Alpal

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,318 Posts
I am considering getting Michelin Scorcher 32 for my Scout; has anyone had any experience with these?
K
Don't think the 32's have the right fitment although the 31's do .. In My Opinion the Michelin Commander II's are a better choice for the Scout because of the Pattern and Proven Life of them ..

141 - 160 of 209 Posts