Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

i have a issue with my new indicater for my Indian ftr. I disconnected the back side indicator because I put the numberplate on the left side. For this I bought new indicater (wunderkind, ABM; wunderkind-customs.com)

i conected everything.
the result was only three indicater were working. One of the new ones wasn’t working. Only the Resistor was getting warm.
i chanced the contact on the not working one and the indicator started working.
i connected everything but then, all the indicators were dead!
Only in the Display the indicator symbols are flashing.

i didn’t find a breaker for the indicator in the breaker box.

What could this issue be??????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But if the 10Amp breaker is the problem, then other thinks should also not working?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found the def breaker. The blikers are proteced by the "IGN coils" breaker (7.5A)
But still struggling with the new blinkers.

Seems that is something wrong with the new blinkers it self.
I'm in contact with the manufacturer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still struggling with the blinkers...
I brought it to the dealer now.
Hopefully there is nothing wrong with the electronic!

·
Rider
705 Posts
Installed on my FTR S two weeks ago front and rear blinkers from Wunderkind. No issues installing and working fine. Hope things work out for you. View attachment 578255 View attachment 578256
Did you order from there website. I almost did they other day expect my address didn’t appear to come out right. Idk if it had to do with they take the address down differently over sea but it didn’t even ask for my state. So I was hesitant to order not knowing if it would come to me. I called my phone Company to change my plan to call them but they were closed already :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wunderkind is based in Germany and they would be shipping internationally. Make sure when you are ordering that the website is in ENGLISH. That can be changed by clicking on the tab in the upper right hand corner. So, if you see the word GERMAN, click on it and a dropdown will appear wherein you can change it to ENGLISH. Ordering for me was straight forward.

·
Rider
705 Posts
Th
Wunderkind is based in Germany and they would be shipping internationally. Make sure when you are ordering that the website is in ENGLISH. That can be changed by clicking on the tab in the upper right hand corner. So, if you see the word GERMAN, click on it and a dropdown will appear wherein you can change it to ENGLISH. Ordering for me was straight forward.
thanks I did see that part to switch it from Dutch to English and I did that. I’ll give the website another look and see what I can come up with. If not I’ll have to wake up at 5:30ish am to call them. Luckily there voice recording also has an English part so I’m hoping they have someone that speaks English.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Installed on my FTR S two weeks ago front and rear blinkers from Wunderkind. No issues installing and working fine. Hope things work out for you. View attachment 578255 View attachment 578256
Hey Socooltim,

Do you have any pictures of the finished wiring for your indicators? I just received front/rear indicators from wunderkind but the instructions are vague on how to attach resistors and install. First time bike electrician here, unsure where to cut/solder.

Thank you,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry no pictures of install and wires are wrapped so there would be no benefit to provide with a picture of the end result.
I used the OEM connectors from the original set and connected into the new indicators, shrink wrapped for protection.
Just take your time and do not cut your wires too short. Mock up and connect your wires, test to make sure the new indicator works and then heat gun your connections, shrink wrap if you want, test again. Then move on to the next one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts