Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I saw this on their webpage when looking at a few things and noticed they had almost 83 products under this category that were listed for my Scout. However, after looking at them for a bit I didn't really notice any of the products listed as being "40% Off". The Desert Tan Saddle Bags for example are still 999.99.

So, what's the deal here, is it just total BS?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
I saw the same thing. When that page first went live, I clicked on it and only one item was available and it was not 40%. That "Winter" link has to be bad and pointing to a normal accessories page and not a sales event page. I wish Indian would fix it and offer us some real deals. Merchandise is already marked up quite a bit as it is.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's distressed tan leather stuff. Probably not showing for you if you've specified Scout as your bike since none of it fits the Scout.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Misleading and taking advantage of us! This is stupid by Polaris!
I receive an email from support which is the start of a period of discussion I am sure and I will post an update as soon as there is any information. At least I had some sense as I have screen shots of the web page and I actually downloaded the page so I sent that to them as well. I suspect that they will have a hard time defending this, but who knows.

Peace and safe ride

·
Founding member
2,192 Posts
Pricing and specification errors occur all the time on company/retail websites. Most likely there is a disclaimer somewhere on Indian's website that specifies they have the right to exclude any orders or claims made on incorrect information. Usually these are buried in a term & conditions page (although I didn't find it there) or it may be tacked onto the "approve purchase" page/statement when you try to buy something or establish a login account.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts