Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05 August 2022: A little over a year I wrote on here about how I took my 2019 Indian Chief Vintage for a ride and parked it in my garage with no issues and the next morning went out to the garage to take a ride and noticed one of the front turn signals was just hanging and the other one was cracked, Unlike my other motorcycles I have owned and my royal Star that I still own, You just can't replace the turn signal cover by unscrewing it from the turn signal, Indians design is that which you have to replace the whole turn signal, I ended up having to replace all four turn signals because of cracks in the cover that would cause them to fall off, My Indian dealer replaced them as a warranty item, That was a little over a year ago, Well, I just went and picked my Indian up from my dealership after getting it's 50,000 mile service and the front right turn signal cover was hanging and the left one is cracked, So my dealer said he would replace them again under warranty, I have no idea what is causing this? Is Indian having an issue with it's turn signals and is anybody else having this issue with their Indian's turn signals? :unsure: 🐺

·
Registered
2021 Springfield Dark Horse
478 Posts
Knock on wood.... I have had no issues with my SDH after 9 months of ownership.

However I agree with you that it is a.... design that could be improved upon greatly in regards to changeability and cost.

·
Registered
2018 Springfield
24 Posts
2018 Springfield. My left front has been hanging from a while now. Tried super glueing it back on, which worked for a while. Like you, not sure how it happened, but just did one day. Looks like one of the tabs broke off. I've been looking for replacements that don't require the whole unit to be replaced.

Would welcome any suggestions.

·
Silver member
5,857 Posts
All looks good with my '15 Vintage.

Are the lenses cracked or is the casing cracked? I just checked the casings on mine with a magnet and no stick. So I guess they're either aluminum or plastic?

Reactions: Andy Lone Wolf

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All looks good with my '15 Vintage.

Are the lenses cracked or is the casing cracked? I just checked the casings on mine with a magnet and no stick. So I guess they're either aluminum or plastic?
On mine the lens cover cracks and the tabs break off. Not sure why that happens? 🐺

·
Founding member
2014 Red Chief Classic #172 "Legalize Freedom"
1,123 Posts
My 2014 Classic, 8.5 years old now, has no problem with the turn signals. When I had my 2000 Gilroy Chief the tail light lenses had a little tiny place to screw it into the turn signal, they broke easily. I put the lens back on with silicon which lasted over 5 years, after which I sold it. Just a suggestion. It was water proof all.

Reactions: Andy Lone Wolf

·
Registered
2018 Springfield
24 Posts
My 2014 Classic, 8.5 years old now, has no problem with the turn signals. When I had my 2000 Gilroy Chief the tail light lenses had a little tiny place to screw it into the turn signal, they broke easily. I put the lens back on with silicon which lasted over 5 years, after which I sold it. Just a suggestion. It was water proof all.
D'oh! Of course silicon! That worked. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts