Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 11.26.45 AM.png
Test Shot of the new Format

We are preparing to bring the IndianMotorcycles.net community software up to modern standards on Thursday (Oct 30). This will be a significant change as we are moving from this old vBulletin software to the newer XenForo software system.

How will this affect users?
  • The site will look quite a bit different. We are keeping the Indian Leather based theme, however many of the main tools you currently use will be different.
  • The website will work _much_ better on mobile devices.
  • Personal "Messages" will work differently in that XenForo refers to them as "Conversations" and rather then having an Inbox and Sent Items, they are all "Conversations" which may of may not have been replied within.
  • Image uploading will be as easy as a drag and a drop into the text box.
  • "Mention" other members to draw their attention to your post.
  • The structure of forum list will remain the same, as will the threads and posts within.
  • Users will still be able to login with their current usernames and passwords, All of their information should remain intact.
  • Once the conversion is complete and we are ready to go live, we will setup a thread for any users needing help learning the new software, or if it appears any data is missing.
  • These software conversion can take a lot of work for us (should be seemless for the users) and so some things may not be perfect immediately on launch. We will get any issues that are identified fixed over the following few days.
  • We will also post a "moderator guide" in the staff area to help you get familiar with the moderation tools in the new software.

We are really excited about this upgrade and hope you will be too.

If you have any questions about this conversion please post within this thread.

Attachments

·
Founding Member
431 Posts
Looking forward to the update. As in life change is good, you first! LOL

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Excellent, thanks for the info Nick

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hey Nick, IMHO, the site is already a great site and I appreciate your's and everybody's else hard work. The update sounds like you're all keeping at it. Thanks very much!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Maybe set up a Australian section , with a Shrimp on the Barbie ,some cold beers and a huge pool table , and some dancing girls , so we will feel at home .

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
As a new guy here, I kinda just started posting, and find myself coming back daily for all the great info. Who sponsors or runs this site ? Is there a way to contribute, if so where does the money go ?
-scot

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Nick, IMHO, the site is already a great site and I appreciate your's and everybody's else hard work. The update sounds like you're all keeping at it. Thanks very much!
Thank you for the good words. The more I use Xenforo sites, the more I like it's slick approach. The mobile side of the site makes it unnecessary to have to have a separate app to browse on the go. There are some really cool drag/drop features that I absolutely LOVE as well. (Want to upload a photo? Just save it to your computer and then drag it into the typing field and it does the rest. Want to quote just a little of what a person says, click-highlight, then click quote and it does the rest, then you get to respond.

Maybe set up a Australian section , with a Shrimp on the Barbie ,some cold beers and a huge pool table , and some dancing girls , so we will feel at home .
I am going to flesh out the "International Section" and add some specific sections in there, so let me know what sections you guys want. If there is going to be shrimps, beers, and girls, I will spend a majority of my time Down Under!

As a new guy here, I kinda just started posting, and find myself coming back daily for all the great info. Who sponsors or runs this site ? Is there a way to contribute, if so where does the money go ?
-scot
We run this site. "We" is a group of friends that are enthusiasts for anything that burns oil, gas, and goes fast. We might start a premium membership program that will get you something from us (have not decided what that will be yet, maybe stickers and some added things on the site) in the future, so keep your eyes out for that.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Cool

Nice to see it move forward

·
Registered
361 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Form seems to be growing as I hope the number of Indians does as well. Just hope that all the new advances that will come keeps things user friendly its not always the case. Progress in the new scout a good looking machine. Apps for apps sake not so much.

·
Super Moderator
4,885 Posts
Love the NEW set-up, especially appreciate the fact that I can type without losing letters as I type!!

THANKS to the powers that be for providing the GREAT site!!

·
Founding member
1,763 Posts
I really love the new look and features. Also: trophies!!! They make me feel special, like a winner. Take that Olympic athletes lording over us with your metals, thinking you're so cool.

Reactions: Shuje Sunge

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I like what you've done with the place, but I do have a question: Where's the new hot tub and where did you hide the keggerator?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Click on the user's name that you want to have a private conversation with and then select "Start a Conversation"

1 - 20 of 57 Posts