We are preparing to bring the IndianMotorcycles.net community software up to modern standards on Thursday (Oct 30). This will be a significant change as we are moving from this old vBulletin software to the newer XenForo software system.
How will this affect users?
- The site will look quite a bit different. We are keeping the Indian Leather based theme, however many of the main tools you currently use will be different.
- The website will work _much_ better on mobile devices.
- Personal "Messages" will work differently in that XenForo refers to them as "Conversations" and rather then having an Inbox and Sent Items, they are all "Conversations" which may of may not have been replied within.
- Image uploading will be as easy as a drag and a drop into the text box.
- "Mention" other members to draw their attention to your post.
- The structure of forum list will remain the same, as will the threads and posts within.
- Users will still be able to login with their current usernames and passwords, All of their information should remain intact.
- Once the conversion is complete and we are ready to go live, we will setup a thread for any users needing help learning the new software, or if it appears any data is missing.
- These software conversion can take a lot of work for us (should be seemless for the users) and so some things may not be perfect immediately on launch. We will get any issues that are identified fixed over the following few days.
- We will also post a "moderator guide" in the staff area to help you get familiar with the moderation tools in the new software.
We are really excited about this upgrade and hope you will be too.
If you have any questions about this conversion please post within this thread.
562.1 KB Views: 1,236