Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank God for this site! The Corona virus has me going stir-crazy in the house. I get out at least once a day for a little jaunt, but no restaurants open for coffee and friends. No rides on the weekends for a meal with my riding buddies. Most parks are closed.
Hopefully, relief will come shortly. Everything is on "Lockdown" in South Florida.
Thank God for this site!

·
Banned
4,925 Posts
Weather suks and most everything is locked down here in central NY too, I think all of NY State down. Lots of lock downs all over the world.... thank you China (oops, that wasn't very PC was it 🖕). Should get real interesting here with several thousand members on lock down.

Day time boob tube/TV suks, so does night time TV with tripe and garbage that's considered entertainment now days. The dumbing down of America is in full swing....enjoy. I have pretty good woodworking shop, heated, to keep me entertained. Plus the bike to uncover and fiddle with. I just filled in the 2020 census thingy on line. Was annoyed there was no question asking if I'm a citizen of the USA....I best not get into or comment on that. It'll just piss off the you know who's.

( * who — us??? We’re just enjoying popcorn and drinking Jack Daniels // Hink )

Anyways, I'm sure most here will be able to keep their sanity for the duration... probably, as long as the toilet paper holds out :giggle: .

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
I haven’t watched television in three years. All it did was piss me off so I spend a little time on the computer, read a lot but spend most of my time tinkering with the house, cars or bikes. My quality of life and attitude improved greatly giving up TV. I do watch historical or bike stuff on YouTube every now and again but that’s it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm working from home as-well...uhg. Supposed to be a few days next week in the highs 50's (Iowa), I will definitely be taking the Scout out for a long ride!

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
The spread of the virus here in Oz is a few weeks behind many other countries but we are building up to stages of lockdown. So far gatherings of people are prohibited if over a certain number, and that number keeps dropping.

I've had to spend lots of time inside for several months because the bushfire smoke was so bad and a lot of that time was on personal interest youtube channels - cycling, mountain bikes, photography, bee keeping, guitar building, stand up comedy, - all of which were better than sitting watching mindless tv.

The trouble with the virus controls is that I've had enough of sitting inside and was looking forward to getting out a whole lot more.

And on a lighter note, I'm in a bit of personal lockdown at the moment because on Wednesday I was checking my beehive and got stung right between the eyes (waved my hand at a bee flying too close and sent it right into my face) and now both eyelids are swollen and puffy and blocking my vision. This is the price of my free honey. :)

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only thing on the news is Corona virus doom and gloom. I check the news a couple times a day. Some people watch the news 24 hours a day, absorbing doom and gloom, day after day.
On a funny note, the toilet paper isle at all the local supermarkets are empty. Is there a connection to the virus? Perhaps toilet paper will prevent the virus! Hahaha!

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The spread of the virus here in Oz is a few weeks behind many other countries but we are building up to stages of lockdown. So far gatherings of people are prohibited if over a certain number, and that number keeps dropping.

I've had to spend lots of time inside for several months because the bushfire smoke was so bad and a lot of that time was on personal interest youtube channels - cycling, mountain bikes, photography, bee keeping, guitar building, stand up comedy, - all of which were better than sitting watching mindless tv.

The trouble with the virus controls is that I've had enough of sitting inside and was looking forward to getting out a whole lot more.

And on a lighter note, I'm in a bit of personal lockdown at the moment because on Wednesday I was checking my beehive and got stung right between the eyes (waved my hand at a bee flying too close and sent it right into my face) and now both eyelids are swollen and puffy and blocking my vision. This is the price of my free honey. :)
A picture is worth a thousand words! Lol! Come on! Give us Shut-Ins a good chuckle!!!

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Been raining here for most of the past two weeks. My Challenger has been at the dealer for the 10K service and the service bulletins. However, they are gonna deliver the bike back to me tomorrow. The weekend looks clear as far as weather. Gonna ride a bunch, even if I just go out (at least 100 miles) and come back home around the block

·
Bronze member
1,336 Posts
I'm still watchin' TV, but because of this talk of doom and gloom on it lately, I've found myself watching the Turner Classic Movie channel even more, and so movies that often show a happier time in the world.

(...you know, like movies made during the 1940s and when mankind had much less problems to worry about like that little skirmish known as the Second World War!)

LOL

·
Rider
1,073 Posts
Winter still has an icy grip on here in Montana, it's snowing now at 27 degrees, some nice days here and there with upper 40's, Chieftain remains in warm storage, Spring is a few weeks off, but it is getting closer! In the retail sector at the moment so work is daily, my fellow riders are either home or working, even with riding season in full swing, I usually ride alone, but they are all anxious to see the Chieftain once Spring arrives.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Things are definitely shutting down in Texas. Friday night at midnight, all dine-in restaurants and bars will be closed. I wanted to sneak out for a short ride today between thunderstorms but stupid work! It's been raining a lot here too which adds to the stir crazy. I spent more time on this forum and watching random Indian Motorcycle videos on the YouTubes than I care to admit.

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
Restaurants here have to be take out only now.
Nonetheless I was able to have my chicken dinner yesterday (Wednesday) at one of my favorite restaurants. Able to sit at one of their outdoor tables eating it out of the ‘to go’ container with the plastic fork!

Rode to a city park today, got a pizza in a box. Same thing going on there, people were eating at the outdoor tables.

Reactions: Chief Signguru

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
Oh yeah... hey Dargo... Turner Classic Movies is a favorite of mine. No commercials and film noir of the mid 20th century. And just about any old movie.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I haven’t watched television in three years. All it did was piss me off so I spend a little time on the computer, read a lot but spend most of my time tinkering with the house, cars or bikes. My quality of life and attitude improved greatly giving up TV. I do watch historical or bike stuff on YouTube every now and again but that’s it.
Agreed!

TV, especially TV “news” is designed only to exploit fear and anger. Facebook is populated by Neanderthal types trolling. Talk radio... don’t get me started. I’ll happily Leave it all for others who like that crap to spend their lives there in the muck. Not me. I’ve got better things to do. I enjoy my time here, even if politics creeps in now and then.

Every once in awhile, a rant will get going here that sounds just like a bunch of neighborhood drunks sitting on the front porch with a couple cases of cheap beer, getting more and more crotchety (“Hey! Kid! Get off my lawn!!!”) But I just scroll through those (OK, after I’ve read a few posts out of idle curiosity). I’d much rather read about what someone is doing to their bike than what they think of, well, just about anything not related to Indians and riding them.

Ride safe, ride focused, ride

1 - 20 of 33 Posts